Tired and Exhausted

@delyaj30 (615)
Quezon City, Philippines
I feel so tired and exhausted after the birthday party of my grandson. I told my daughter, the mother of the baby that next time I will no longer shoulder all the cookings and other preparations if there are occasions being made. I was the one who went to market, do the cooking, rent tables and chairs, talked to some people who can help us provide a tent, and the worst, the cleaning and sorting all the stuffs used in the kitchen, like plates, pots and pans, and disposing all the left overs in the bin. Although I have my sister with me who helped, yet I am the one in charged for everything. As a mother, I know we still need to support our children even they already have their own family, but…..till when? I thought as a mother, our obligation is to up bring them with good morals, send them to school until they are finished. But, how long we will be doing this responsibilities ?
You are a good mother just like my sister who was also tired after helping cook during her first grandchild's first birthday celebration the other Saturday . Although there were paid helpers , but after she was the one who did the sorting out of the rented dishes . I even posted about the birthday party . But if i a in your stead , i would surely not allow them to let me have a hand on the party . If they can't then they have it in a fast food chain so it will not be tiring after .
@delyaj30 (615)
• Quezon City, Philippines
thanks for understanding me @SIMPLYD, i love my children of course, and i want them also to learn how hard it is to be a parent
@simone10 (21673)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I was like you for a long time with my 2 children. Finally one day I had to stop or my children would never grow up and take responsibility. It was a hard thing to do but my kids are both better for it now.
@delyaj30 (615)
• Quezon City, Philippines
yes, they have to grow up and be responsible also in parenthood. we as mothers are just here to guide them
@simone10 (21673)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@delyaj30 That is true. I don't think there is anything wrong with helping them now and then but not all the time.
@dodoazo (17310)
Exhaustive, feeling tired? But are you not happy that the birthday party of your grandson was realized because of you? If you serve, do serve. It is the service that counts. Anyway this is only my opinion. It depends on you whether you prepare the birthday party of your grandson or not.
@delyaj30 (615)
• Quezon City, Philippines
of course i am happy, but i just wish that his parents would consider me also because i have now difficulties in moving my body due to my knee problems
@Macarrosel (7576)
Oh, that's really a tiring work. Good thing I never had grandchildren yet hahaha. Kidding aside, you are such an awesome mother and Lola for giving everything to your children and grandchildren. What a great mom and I salute you for that.
@DeborahDiane (19922)
• Laguna Woods, California
There is only so long that we can help our adult children. I still help mine, but I won't be able to help for very many more years.
@Rollo1 (16651)
• Boston, Massachusetts
It seems that the modern generation is less eager to become adults and responsible. They want to lean on the parents for much longer.