Acidity problem.

@amnabas (10310)
Karachi, Pakistan
Do you have acid problem?I have an acidity problem.I get very irritated at night .I try to take chilled milk to cool down the acid reflux but it's getting worst day by day though i dont take spicy food but still I get this problem.
I do have a terrible time with acidity and reflux. I take medication but it only partially helps.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes it doesn't help a lot that's only for the time being.
Ahh the medication problem of treating acid reflux dysfunction, yes it is a more common way to treat the problem but the more we learn about acids in foods (some acids beat others, like dairy acid called lactic can actually make acid reflux worse) the better we can maintain a comfortable pH in our digestive tract
Hi there @amnabas may I suggest NOT drinking milk (it does have an acid content due to the lactic acids found in dairy products) before bedtime to reduce or lessen the miserable feeling of acid reflux but rather eat something with a higher alkaline ratio ? This means a vegetable like cauliflower, broccoli or even a cup of decaffeinated green tea. Some people are not aware of the different types of acids our food sources contain so it is best to read a book on foods and what is in them biochemically.
I hope you will find something that will help.
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
I have heard that milk isn't good for acidity. We have tablets called Quick eze over here and another one which I have forgotten the name of, sorry about that