Do you shop from payless shoes..

I bought about 4 pairs of sneakers from them last year. I had to buy those dr soles in my sneakers. The bottom did not have enough cushion for my feet to get comfy. The other day it was freezing out in the am. I wore one of those sneakers. The air went right to my toes. I went to payless to see about the boots that look like uggs. I hear they are very warm. I happen to have had a blue apir of bear paws from Marhall's last season. I could not believe they wanted over $35 for those boots with no real name on them. I went to Marshall's and found a black pair of pawz and they were $26 bucks. I am going back this week and pray they have a different color on sale. Payless is getting too expensive for me.
@katsmeow1213 (29023)
I would rather spend the money to get a name brand pair of shoes that will actually last. I used to get shoes from Payless or Walmart, but they'd last a couple months and need to be replaced. Now I buy all the kids Nike's and they last for a few years. I still buy them nice new ones every year, but they use last year's for play or for gym class or whatever. I got my work shoes from the Reebok store and I've had them for over 5 years. They're the most comfortable shoes on the planet and I wear them almost every single day and I'm on my feet 8 hours. I spent $50 on them and they don't look like anything special, just a plain pair of black dress shoes.. but they were worth every cent I paid for them. I have a matching pair in brown that I bought at the same time and still have. They're in even better shape because I only wear them occasionally with brown outfits.
That is one reason why I choose to spend my money on the name brand boots. I have yet to have cold feet during the winter time.
@yukimori (8711)
I have to agree with what @katsmeow1213 said. My mom always bought my shoes from Payless as a kid, and I kept doing that after I moved out of her house because it was what I was used to. Mom figured spending $50+ on a single pair of shoes was a waste. I realized it wasn't really working when my kindergartner started wearing through shoes I bought her in two weeks. I splurged (or so I thought at the time) and bought her a pair of Sketchers from Sears. She actually had those until she outgrew them, so from that point on I've bought Sketchers for her. I started buying them for myself, too, and found that they really do last a lot longer than the shoes from Payless. The toddler is currently wearing a random pair of shoes that I bought from Walmart because they were cheap and she needed them immediately. She's getting to the point where she'll start wearing them out before she outgrows them, and as soon as that happens she'll be in Sketchers, too. We'll probably be making the trip to one of the Sketchers stores or outlets in the Phoenix area within the next few weeks to buy some new shoes.
I have 4 boys, and 1 girl.. they're really rough on their shoes. I spent years buying them Walmart shoes because I honestly didn't have the money for the better brands. But with as rough as my kids are, the shoes literally would last 2 months at the most. It wasn't until my oldest was in high school that we started buying him Nike, and were shocked to see them last a whole year on him. That's when we converted and regardless of the expense we'd find a way to get the kids Nike every year. That first pair of Nike we bought for my oldest are still kicking around somewhere. He uses them for dirty jobs like painting or yard work now.. but he still has them, and every pair he's bought since then.
I have yet to buy shoes from walmart even though I love the store.
We don't have a Marshall's here. I don't like Payless, but I've bought shoes there. They just don't last.
It is nice to have Marshall's and tj max around. they are also owned by home goods.
@EddieHands (35503)
I used to shop from them but they never have my size. I shop at this nice little shop close to my domain now and it is quite lovely.
That is how it is for the bigger size I wear at payless. Often they are not even on sale when they do clearance.
@Blondie2222 (19921)
I used to shop at payless but stopped going as they were expensive. Now I get my shoes at walmart or online somewhere that's cheap.
It seems like they are charging dept store prices. They were reasonable years ago.
I don't think we have that store in my area.
I remember that I bough inexpensive shoes at Payless when I visited the United States. I did not care if they lasted, I only used them for the time I visited.