Has anyone ever rescued a pet from another part of the country?

@minx267 (14580)
Hartford, Connecticut
I am currently looking at and have applied to rescue a puppy from "down south". If I get approved and can get him. He will have to be shipped up in a rescue transport vehicle and I will have to drive a couple hours away to pick him up. Has anyone ever had to do this? if so How was your experience. Right now I have 3 dogs ages (almost) 10, and 2 that are 8 I think they could use a little young blood to get them running around the back yard. My 13 year old passed away a few months ago.. and so I fell we have room for another so why not rescue? The pup I am looking at is a German Shepherd/Great Dane mix.. or so they think.. although the pics do look like that is an accurate description of the litter. And I like big dogs so... :) Do you have any rescue stories?
@destry (2563)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
We have rescued a dog from a different country! Technically anyway. . . Sam, our border collie x gsd came all the way from England and we live in Wales. To be honest, there are no issues as both are part of the UK and the English / Welsh border is only 30 miles away. The only issue is that Sam was really upset when England were defeated early on in the Rugby world cup - we soon persuaded her that she was now Welsh and should support Wales as they made it through to the Quarter finals sorry, just rubbing it in a little to the English fans!
@minx267 (14580)
• Hartford, Connecticut
ROFL.... Did she wear a jersey while she watched the world cup?
@destry (2563)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@minx267 No, we just made her wear a red (Wales national colour) collar. When Wales played England (Wales won, causing England to exit the tournament) she was very displeased!
@minx267 (14580)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@destry LOL. well at least she is a loyal dog..