***Administrative Advisement*** Re: notification bug fixed

There was a bug that allowed email notifications for comments on discussions you created to slip through, even though the option was unchecked in your account settings. This bug has now been fixed. If this continues to be an issue however, please let us know right away.
@yukimori (8554)
Thanks for the update, Alex, and thanks to whoever behind the scenes took care of that for us. It's great to hear that it should be working properly now. ETA: It does seem to be. I haven't received a single notification since October 16, even though I was receiving several per day up until then.
@owlwings (38176)
• Cambridge, England
@PhredWreck Clearly that emoticon means "Scar knows why but he's not saying"
@PhredWreck (6095)
I spend so much time here (too much really) that I unchecked all my email notifications...that is one area of the site I have not one single clue about how it does or doesn't operate,
@yukimori (8554)
I was getting a bunch daily even though everything was unchecked.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm pretty lazy. Email Notifications are how I get to the site and find out what's happening. Then I move about the site, time permitting.
what?? we get emails from here? dang, i reckon i ought'a check mine more oft.