taking much into consideration on my move.

@bunnybon7 (35900)
Holiday, Florida
So my friend came back to town. She lives over in senior apartment complex here in town. Its a good way across town but at least if I moved over there like she wants me to, it won't be like moving thousands of miles away. I would be where it is mostly warm. I don't like the heat in Arizona but I tend to catch very bad colds and have had pneumonia twice in my older age. So cold may not be good for either coco or I. Also there is the fact I have realized I still may not get enough help with things back there in Ohio as here. So I am very much thinking of staying here.
@antonbunot (9513)
• Calgary, Alberta
O, I would live the heat in Arizona . . I am fed up with the extreme cold in Canada! haha
@cgalavia (1406)
@antonbunot You mean you prefer heat than a cold country?
hi@julito thats why I stay here in C California its warm and i dont hurt near as much from arthriitis as my knees both hav severe arthritis. wishI was near @bunnybon7 so I couyld help her move.
I need a steam experience instead of a sauna so Arizona is way too much of a dry heat my sinuses could not bear, nor my beautiful skin
@Rollo1 (16649)
• Boston, Massachusetts
You might be better off where it's warm rather than where it's cold all winter and snowing.
@Marcyaz (35695)
expecially if you have arthiritus you would definitely be better off in the warmer climate.
yes a warm clim ates much better for severe Arthritis as you do noit hurt near as much ajnd here in California I can walk for 45 minute and it actually helps the arthritis i n my knees withth exercise. sitting a lot causes them to hurt some.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
@rollo1, yes that is another thing I took into consideration. when I was young it was no big deal but now I think I have to worry about that
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
It would be nice to have a friend in the same complex. The amount of help that you would receive is really important. It would be horrible to not have enough in a miserable climate.
Yes for her shre does need help and her sons way off in New Yourk so she needs a friend close by. If I lived near I sure wou ld volunteer tohelp too but alas Im on the west coast instead.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
@NeldaHoxie,yes I also thought of that. I just talked again to a friend who lives here in phoenix area over there and she is anxious for me to move near her
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
@Hatley he will be going as soon as I am settled some where and he sells the house. it will be nice to have friends here
@vandana7 (63790)
Moving where you don't know many is a bad idea. So says my mind. It just won't shut up. It also says cold is bad for arthritis.
yes Vandy cold is the pitts for athritis and thats why I say here where its too exp ensive as it at least is a lott warmer all year ro und and I don;'t hurt so much here either.
Yes @vandana7 both cold or extreme temperatures and humidity all exacerbate arthritis but adding the turmeric someone once mentioned to me a few months ago has really helped -- I use it almost all my vegetables or rice dishes, even scrambled eggs. Works great to reduce all inflammatory responses and material that exacerbates inflammation
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
so true vandana, I have decided to stay.
Moving is a big event in anyone's life, so you do need to weigh up the pros and cons very carefully. Good luck whatever you decide.
@Marcyaz (35695)
Moving is a major event and can become very expensive if you have to be moved by a moving company.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
@JaboUk, I have pretty much decided to stay. people here seem to want me to and ones there don't seem so excited anyway
Just think about the snowy winters and then enjoy the warmer weather in Arizona. A senior apratment sounds like the answer.
@Marcyaz (35695)
Yes but would you really want to live where it becomes 120 degress in the summer time.
@Marcyaz I livedf in Tempe A riz for several years and when it was verynoit wer just stayedi nside as theyhave sopecial coolers there that make it very comfortable inyour homes we dis mnove her to california because the jovb situyaion in Arizona was not good for my usband and here in California jobs were more prevalent then too I could also work too.
@Marcyaz (35695)
@Hatley It was about the same with us my husband was offered a job in CA so we moved to the Sacramento area and I had to look for work as I had given notice at my job. Now the job situation in both States is very bad.
Going to Ohio would be a big move. I think I'd consider who would be near you in each place and where you'd feel most at home. It's good your friend has moved nearby.
And it would be a lot less costly than moving across states not to mention you have a fri end there too. friends are most important during a move l ike that.
@cgalavia (1406)
Goodluck to you,Decide what is best for you.
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
well thats a great decision
@Marcyaz (35695)
It is a big decision to make but follow what your instincts tell you to do.
• Vancouver, Washington
@Marcyaz i could relate to that
@Marcyaz I think the decision to go to s nior appartments will help her a lot too
Moving is not easy and you never know if you will like the place where you are going. I believe that staying where you are it's not a bad idea.
Her son isselling the house thats why she has to move somewhere his girlfriend did not w ant her to live with them so she has to find a place so I think moving across town is a lot better than across many states. then too she would have a fri end there too. thats really important.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
so true hatley and anna. I actually see no choice. I think my son is doing an awful thing and making a big mistake. and I don't think I really have much of a family any more. its like if they don't need you, they don't help you
Moving into a senior apartment complex would be a good idea as there they will have their infrastructure to take care of your daily needs. Good Luck.
yes it willbe most advantageous for @bunnybon7 iwish there were thse place here where Iam at.
@Hatley But you do have a place where you are taken of. Right?
Now that I´m older, it seems that I cannot stant cold climate anymore. I try to have my vacations in Winter and near the sun.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
that is also my problem. I used to love ohio so much, my home state. but I was much younger and could stand the cold. I no longer can.
@maggs224 (1713)
• Alicante, Spain
Making a move at any time can be stressful, but when we get older there are a lot more things that have to be taken into consideration. Things that you never give a second thought to when you are young and fit. So I think it is a good idea to give it a lot of thought and check things out well before you make any major decisions. I think there is a lot to be said for living in an area that you know well and where you know people.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
yes you are so right. that's what I wish son could understand. but I guess that will come when it happens to him and he says to himself, gee I had no idea what I did to mom
@nonersays (2699)
I prefer cooler places to hot ones. But with your health it does sound like you might be better off staying close, where you have friends and help just in case.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
I to prefer cooler but my conditions don't seem to allow it sadly
you should think about it a little longer and I am sure you will do what is right for you. I am moving into a senior disabled building as soon as they call me. I only know one person who lives there. It will be nice getting to know my neighbors.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
I think it is going to be nice. I have decided to stay for sure.
My sister did not want to move where hubby and I wanted to move, and I felt bad at first, but not now. She is in a senior apartment, and has made some friends and if I cannot help her with stuff others will. It also is some companionship that is in her age range and interests.
@bunnybon7 (35900)
• Holiday, Florida
that is what I look forward to. already I feel better when older friends come by
hi@bunnybon7 it does sound like it would be easier for you and you hav a fri end too . I also m ust stay ina wamer climate for mysevery arthritis. If you can get some help there too that wo uld be great . wish I lived close to you so I co uld help but here I am on ther west coast too far but I c an wish you all the l uck in the wold too and pray it will be an easy move. for you my old friend. take care hugs.
@gabs8513 (48717)
As you know I have just moved back closer to my Son and Daughter You have to be very sure you want to do it and of course that Coco will be happy there too You have to look at the pros and cons
@softbabe44 (5902)
• Vancouver, Washington
Thats probably the best thing for you and coco
I like living here in Ohio, weather is almost predictable and some of the people I associate myself like the state as much as I do, sorry to hear you won't come back