Do you have high blood pressure ?

@Hit4Hit (585)
Hungary
Guys, i have a friend whose blood pressure is always very high. Before some days i visited him and he was checking his blood pressure. Then i saw his blood pressure is 158 and 93 with 90 heart beat. I got shocked and i said to me to eat medicine and go to the doctor. But he said no don't need worry for me its normal. Yes he was really fine and relax. And he is always happy and calm nature. But then why his blood pressure is always so high ? Do you have high blood pressure ?
@ramapo17 (25197)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have had high blood pressure for years and have taken medicine for it. I moved to Florida last year from Pennsylvania. I did get a doctor down here but I am always on a computer and found some sites about high blood pressure. I read that non filtered apple cider vinegar helps to reduce both of these problems. My last two visits to my doctor was so great and she told me to keep doing what I am doing. I had high blood pressure for years and sometimes very high, like 220/110. I still take meds but I never had such good reading like I have been for the last year.
@Hit4Hit (585)
• Hungary
OOh my God so high..
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
Sounds like he needs a second opinion.
@chiwasaki (4661)
There are a lot of factors for high blood pressure. Sometimes it is genetic, sometimes it is due to the heat of the weather or probably stress. If a person is having high blood pressure most of the time, she/he should visit the doctor right away.
@Hit4Hit (585)
• Hungary
Yes that's what i suggested to my friend
@chiwasaki (4661)
@Hit4Hit My grand mother has a high blood pressure. We found out that she also has a blockage in her artery or vein and this is what causing her hypertension.
Yes, I do have it. It is not a thing to take lightly.
There are many factors to lead to high blood pressure and one of them is the diet. I think people who have high blood pressures should really pay attention to their health since it is a serious disease. At present nobody can cure it, but taking the medicine to stay well. I don't have the high blood pressure problem. In fact my blood pressure is normal or even a little lower than normal. I don't know why, perhaps being skinny is one reason?
@Blondie2222 (22364)
He should see a doctor if it gets too high it could cause him to get sick or damage. I don't have blood pressure issues but I am on blood pressure meds to help my heart work better.
@peavey (16856)
I have high blood pressure caused by kidney problems. 158 over 80 is not critically high, but should be addressed somehow. Part of it depends on his age. If he is over 60 (I think it is), they are now saying that 135 to 140 is fine, so 158 would still be high, but not too bad. Still, he needs to do something about it if it's that high consistently. Blood pressure fluctuates quite a bit, so maybe he knows it isn't always that high
@Missmwngi (10695)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I had the problem when i went to give birth and after that i was able to relax and it went away. Maybe he has some issues disturbing him. He should worry less to avoid it going up
The 158 is quite high and again I am lucky to have very low blood pressure usually 90/60 or 100/78 which I discovered is much safer than any higher readings but I could not stand salt as a child and that is why my blood is so thick. Garlic and onions naturally lower blood pressure so suggest this to your friend have a good day and good to hear yours is not high either @Hit4Hit