I love Salmon !

Fish for lunch
It is my grandparents fault and I love them both for this: they, well especially grandpa LOVED fresh fish, best to catch it oneself and clean it then fry or bake it in the oven. Today I sent mum off to work with a full satisfied tummy by baking salmon with sweet and sour sauce and zucchini, and she smiled, hugged me and said I reminded her of her father and I am feeling great for that. Do you have a family relative that influenced you in positive ways ?
Mmmm. I love salmon I like it baked with a little mustard on it. Yum! So delicious. I am lucky to live in Idaho.
Oooh mustard I never tried that, does sound yummy thanks @celticeagle oh yellow or brown ?
@enlightenedpsych2 ,,,Neither. Salmon is pink.
I meant the mustard silly ! @celticeagle
@LeaPea2417 (15448)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Salmon is one of my favorites too. When a restaurant cooks it properly, it is fantastic.
Hi @LeaPea2417 I prefer cooking it to perfection in my own home, it is just more cozy and right and I always have the spices and side dishes to accompany this versatile staple we eat at least 2 times a week. But I have requested a great sizzling salmon at a steak house once, I know ya get steak at a steak house but red meat is NOT my pal
@enlightenedpsych2....I do too! So it isn't under done or over done.
Usually 11 minutes in a shallow baking pan (ceramic) with a little olive oil 375 degrees and whatever seasoning you want on it @celticeagle
• Lakewood, Colorado
mmm that looks and sounds delish! I too love salmon. But it has to be cooked a certain way. Yes my Irish Granny made the best potato cakes in the world..a lot of her got to me..her ways and all.
Oh a potato cake sounds so delicious right now you have my mouth watering @TiarasOceanView maybe you could share the recipe (are we allowed to post recipes as material allowable for publishing "? )
• Lakewood, Colorado
@enlightenedpsych2 I am not sure about posting recipes..the old myLot would not allow it.
well then I am sure the rule stays for now as well since recipes are so hard to determine who actually penned them first, thanks anyway @TiarasOceanView
@gabs8513 (48803)
I too love Salmon but only fresh Salmon I have tried it once from the Tin and it was not nice lol but my inspiration came from a Friend the first they cooked it for me I loved it
Oh it was fresh and flash frozen !
Oh no tinned salmon is kind of yucky BUT when you are making crab cakes substituting the crab for salmon, those canned ones work really well as you spice up the bread crumbs and such ! Thanks for commenting and visiting @gabs8513
If you really want to make baked Salmon crunchy or more satisfying how about rolled crunched mesquite barbecue flavored potato chips and bread them with it as a topping @gabs8513 ??
@quantum2020 (8366)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The one who has influence me more positively is my older brother, even though we had at one time a very bad argument and fight. I treat him with respect and he is my support, not emotionally, but economically, which I'm thankful!
Ah good to hear you two siblings rely on each other is some way Jose
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@enlightenedpsych2 Yeah, it´s a stronger relation that maintain us together. We also share the same passion, ¨painting.¨
@quantum2020 ah I love to paint as well, which paint do you prefer oil, acrylic or water-based ?
I love salmon and all seafood because my mother loved seafood and always fixed it.
I am so grateful to my mom who took ordinary and made it taste extraordinary, she still does and finds several ways to make one of our staple food sources a delight to eat ! I am glad you followed what your mom liked also @jstory07
I'm not a big fish eater but I do enjoy shrimp and scallops (preferably fried)
Well shrimp does have some higher good components of cholesterol the HDL (high density lipids) but at the same time acts like an allergy to those who are AB + blood type and I am definitely allergic to scallops especially sea scallops, although Bay scallops are less likely to make me barf @Marilynda1225
I got my love of food from my grandmother. She was a great cook and I still think of her when I have certain foods (like pork chops & mashed potatoes)
Oh yummy ! I remember those days although I still add mashed potatoes to a meal every now and then
@enlightenedpsych2 I love mashed potatoes!!
Yesterday before I went to work mom surprised me with grandmas traditional creamed mashed double roasted potatoes with garlic and a kale wrapped mushroom turkey burger ! OMG it was delicious @Marilynda1225 how do you love your mashed potatoes ? what seasonings ?
@ourlot (1005)
I can only agree with you. 100% right. It's the top fish, no matter how you prepare it. Even raw it's delicious.
@ourlot yes like raw and served with black seaweed rolled white rice !
One of our sons love salmon and the other one hates any fish. Go figure!
Yes, my parents were very influential in the way I turned.
Family is meant to influence each other sometimes in a positive and sometimes in a negative way too. Helping each other was in us right through.