Can people find love online? Or is better to find in person?

@EddieHands (37845)
I see a lot of people looking for love online. On social media, dating sites etc. Do you think it's a good way to find love? Or is it better to meet someone in person? I find I have better luck meeting girls in person. But online my luck has not been as good. But what do you all think of this? Better to find true love and passion online or in person ?
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I don't trust online dating. Perhaps it works for some people.. it's not something I've tried. I met my husband before the internet became popular and we met while working together long ago. I'm glad it worked out that way because I wouldn't want to be tempted to try an online dating site.
@EddieHands (37845)
Wow that is interesting you say you met in person, and at work. A lot of people I know met like that. I don't know I always felt strange about marrying someone I work with. Well if co workers can get married, then I suppose a customer asking a worker at a store or fast food place would not be so bad then? I always felt strange about that as I like a woman from a store I shop at. Hmm you are giving me ideas here!
@EddieHands We didn't date when we worked together. We became friends, then we both eventually left that job, and it was much much later that we started dating. Actually when I met him I was already dating someone else so we could only be friends. But I don't see anything wrong with meeting people at work, even if they are customers. Sometimes that's the easiest way to meet people. You just have to make sure you won't get in trouble for it!
@EddieHands (37845)
@katsmeow1213 Well I am the customer at the store. Will i or her get in trouble if I ask her out to eat or get to know her? I don't think so right? I know some places have rules for co workers.. but I do know people who met and dated while they were working at the same place! lol about 3 people I know did this, so it must be somewhat common.
@1creekgirl (10296)
I met my husband on a blind date! But we've been married almost 50 years, so I guess it worked. On line, people can be too deceptive. I'd stick with meeting girls in person.
@EddieHands (37845)
That is so cool you met him on a blind date! Yes a lot of scamers and liars online. Not everyone is but I've heard some stories! Or I guess in person it is! Thank you for the advice !
@1creekgirl (10296)
@EddieHands You are very welcome. We've all heard horror stories about people on line who are not who they claim to be and are sometimes very dangerous.
I think it has to be better in person, but for me neither one worked haha
@EddieHands (37845)
Yes in person seems to be better. Yes for me either. I have not met my love yet. So I am sad.
@EddieHands Ah you will find them..
@VivaLaDani13 (19842)
• Perth, Australia
@EddieHands I've met a lot of people online. I have met my soul mate and best friend etc online I think anything is possible really.
I have a very dear friend now that I met on a dating site. He was not my type and I chose to be friends with him. He came to me twice and I went to sleep over his house twice. We are both fine with the friendship.
@EddieHands (37845)
Well that is nice that you met a good friend on a dating site! But you two are not in love? It's only friends!? That is interesting.
@KnehKnah (3475)
I've had friends who had boyfriends (& eventually spouses), through penpal (during our younger years), & have a happy marriages too. Presently, on-line dating is the trend. Maybe some had been lucky too to find a good partner through it. But for me, it is still best to meet somebody in person first & know him better & his family (maybe for months), before deciding on having him as a steady or boyfriend or a spouse. Better be ready than sorry.
@EddieHands (37845)
Yes knowing someone and their family is a good way to know how they will be with you. Online people can paint the perfect romantic fantasy and even pretend to be rich! You make a wonderful point !
@Daljinder (21539)
You can meet good people online too as well as in person.
@slund2041 (3378)
I did not meet my husband online, but rather face to face. I do know a couple of people who met their companion through a dating site. I think I would be scared to meet someone that way with how crazy people can be. You never can be too careful these days. One lady told me that she would never date again if she did not get them from the dating site. She thinks it works out great, because you can find someone that you are compatible with from filling out the profile. She says you do not have to worry if you will get along good together, because it matches you with people that are just like you.