PayDay, and Not the Candy Bar

@Raelove (17657)
Saco, Maine
It appears that a few people have finally received their long awaited redemptions from "that other site." Good for them! I am not going to venture a guess as to whether this means anything beyond the fact that management finally got around to paying them. We must be thankful for the small gifts and not expect more than that. The less we expect in life, the less we are disappointed when what we'd hoped for does not come to pass. Only time will tell what else this might portend. But for now, once again, I say a hearty "Good for you!" to all those who finally had their hopes fulfilled.
A business in serious trouble will cover a multitude of problems with 'smoke and mirrors'. That is what I see going on. A multitude of writers left with 'money on the table' for any number of reasons. Some left because the were not being paid others because of ethical and moral problems from the management and most left because they saw the lowering integrity of their word. The actions now happening could well be to try and entice people back to balance their books before closing. It is more likely simply an act of duck and cover. I will not be going back any time soon.
• Laguna Woods, California
I have only gone back to invite people here. I don't see much future there.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@Berniezeitler You're probably right. I just came from there and noticed an increase in the activity. This will probably not accomplish much more than raising the hopes and expectations of those who are still loyal to the site. I hope that's not the case, as I really hate it when trusting people are taken advantage of.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@DeborahDiane I don't either at this point.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I wasn't one of them. But maybe it's time to send an email again.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@Rollo I am so far from ever being able to redeem again that anything else I do there will be token gesture to those who are still there. Good luck.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Raelove If I had kep up posting, etc., I would be more than halfway to a redemption by December. But I don't think I can put that effort in ever again. They've really destroyed any good feelings I had about the place.
@Raelove I'm also far from redeeming there too but I pop on and off just to see what's going on
I am still waiting since I redeemed on May 14th.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@Juliaacv They seem to be going back quite far, so I hope you get yours, too.
It is possible that they decided to pay those who still write for them and forget about the others.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@LadyDuck That very well could be, too. I have long wondered myself how I'd be treated if I did reach $50, redeemed and then didn't post anymore. I think I read somewhere, perhaps in the old policies, that only active contributors would get paid. So it would never be possible to stop at $50 and hope to get it without continuing to contribute, thus wracking up more earnings whose future would be dubious at best. So it's a very vicious circle they've created there. It's self-defeating. No matter how you play this, you always lose money!
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Raelove I am there two or three times a week commenting on others' posts. I consider that active.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@Rollo1 Nope. And you could make yourself crazy thinking about it.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I am happy for those who received their long awaited payment. Like you, I'm not going to try and guess why it was done or if it had any secret meaning. Time will tell.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
That's right, Simone. I am already reading all the hopeful thoughts from those who might only be setting themselves up for more frustration. Some people seem to thrive on it. I'm not one of them. As you say, time will tell.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Raelove After what happened on that site and another one I was on, I am very cautious now. I was that way when I came to mylot and so far it has proved to be what everyone said it was. I have gotten paid once and that has relieved a lot of my fears.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@simone10 I, too, am wary. No matter how good an idea seems to be, I keep in mind that nothing lasts forever. And we should never bank on it and not be surprised when it does end. That's the internet for you. No guarantees.
@hereandthere (33082)
if they're only paying those who redeemed recently, then it's just like what was happening in the past - sometimes you get paid, sometimes you don't, and never know why. that's why many members have gaps in their redemption histories.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@hereandthere At least one person I read about had redeemed as far back as July, which falls in line with the "60 to 90-day" payment schedule. It appears that they are waiting until the very last minute to pay out, probably to stay just under the radar of illegality.
@sishy7 (27594)
@hereandthere That is so not cool - I meant the randomness and inconsistencies of how they paid redemption... NOT fair at all!
Hopefully everyone that wasn't paid will get paid
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
That is great that they finally good their money.
@Raelove (17657)
• Saco, Maine
@jstory07 Yes, I am happy for them.
@dianadee (1784)
• South Africa
Great news..will pop in to Bubblews and see if there is anything for me!
At the rate money adds up there, it will take me years to hit the minimum for redemption. That's why I'm here.