Ten minutes seemed like 10 hours

preiti shedding
Preiti our pet is a well behaved dog. She has always willingly walked in for her bath without a whimper but today we had a harrowing experience. As some of you know Preiti is losing her coat and the Vet said it could be some fungus and so a special shampoo has been prescribed. Preiti must be getting a burning sensation. The shampoo lather needs to be massaged in and kept for 10 minutes before it is washed out and it is these 10 minutes seemed like 10 hours as Preiti showed restlessness and just wanted to leave the bathroom. We have to do this twice a week until she stops shedding. She is on antibiotics as well. The picture shows the shedding. It is worse on the other side.
• Marion, Kansas
So sorry she is having these issues.
@Micmac (6982)
Oh my, that is sad for sweet Preiti. I hope she'll be better soon. Poor baby.
I am so distressed. She is such a wonderful, dignified pet. I only hope this treatment will set her right.
@Micmac (6982)
@allknowing I know, it's hard not to worry when you see your dear pet suffering. Continue to stay positive my friend. She may be better before you know it.
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Poor little girl. She tried hard to tell you the treatment made her uncomfortable.
Pets tolerate a lot. We need to be vigilant all the time.
@sallypup (23251)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@allknowing I took our Godiva kitty into the Vet cause I thought her arthritis was worse. The helper asked why I thought that and I said Godiva is growling more. Made sense to me.
@maggs224 (1773)
• Alicante, Spain
It is distressing when your pet has something wrong. Especially when you do not know what the cause is. I hope the shampoo cures Preiti very quickly
Thanks. I have to wait for a few days to see results.
aw, poor pup! no doubt her skin is most sensitive. hopefully she'll be fixed up soon. to ya both - 'tis painful fer us 's we feel somewhat helpless when our lil furbabies're ailin'.
She is normally healthy with a silky coat. May be because of dampness and extended rainy season that must have affected her. Keeping my fingers crossed.
@crewgirl (195)
Sorry about your dog. I hope the solution helps. My cat has a horrible condition too. He's actually allergic to fleas, so his skin gets chewed up and extremely itchy during the summer months when the fleas are the worst. We try everything to get rid of the fleas...shampoo, topical treatments, pills. The pills seem to be the most effective. It's terrible that my cat has to live like this. He's an indoor cat, but somehow fleas keep getting into the house. It's really infuriating.
Is there no way to get rid of those fleas? It is important for your cat. Our girl is normal otherwise. She eats, well, plays around bosses around too
@Tita417 (1250)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Poor Preiti. Is there pain accompanying the shedding or just the shampoo that irritates her. Hope she gets well soon
She licks herself probably because there is pain but there is no other indication as there are no bruises. The shampoo could burn her slightly.
I am so sorry Preiti has this problem, I hope the vet can cure her condition.
I hope so too!
@Samanthavv (1395)
Oh no! Poor puppy. I feel so bad for animals when they aren't feeling their best especially since they can't communicate how they are feeling verbally. I hope it goes back to normal soon.
It is worse when pets have issues. Kids atleast can express. We need to keep a vigil on them as even when ill they do not show any signs sometimes.
Poor dog, it is possible that the shampoo hurts. I hope you can fix her problem.
I have faith in the Vet. I am only hoping it is not her thyroid. I am supposed to wait for 10 days and if there is still shedding then may be it could be her thyroid for which there is a life long treatment.
@artemeis (4023)
I am sorry for your dog and wish her a speedy recovery here. Out of curiosity, how did she pick up this infection in the first place? Is there any way to avoid it? I believe it is also stressful on you as well. So do take care of yourself too.