Why do we set limits on ourselves?

@EddieHands (37845)
Truly there is no limit to what we can do in life and what dreams we can reach. But our treachers, society everyone says we can't be what we want. They tell us we can't get rich doing what we want. I tell them who are they to say anything. Mostly people who tell us we can't are either people who never did it. Or how want to keep all coins for them selves! I say never listen to what they say or think, there is no limit to what you can do in life! Never forget that!
I have to set a limit as I can only do so much.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Me too. I have my own limits and I do not care to over exert myself. I have other things to do too and the day is only 24 hours.
@thesids yes..wish I could just sleep lol
@EddieHands (37845)
Well that is a good point! We nee a break time, and time to rest also! All work and no play is not good either!
@VivaLaDani13 (19876)
• Perth, Australia
@EddieHands I agree. I don't like when people say "You can't do it." Or "This wont help you later in life." I've had things like this said to me a lot. They aren't around anymore but what they said has stuck with me for a long time. I just know that I'd never say anything like that to someone.
@Daljinder (21564)
@VivaLaDani13 Let's reverse that... You can do it Or, Every experience either good or bad in some way or the other helps later in life, even if it was as teaching a lesson.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder Thank you cupcake!
@Daljinder (21564)
@VivaLaDani13 Oh God no! Not cupcake lol "Lick lick lick" No way!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
They tell you these things not because they do not have faith on your capabilities. Those who start believing that this is their zero faith in you - are the ones who end up getting on the wrong ends. Those who understand, and pursue their dreams, do good and for the society. And those who believe they were all wrong, may end up being good but only for their own sakes.
@EddieHands (37845)
Yes I agree you make a good point! I think I often just chase my dreams for my own sakes. But it is a great dream I had !
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@EddieHands Chasing a dream is what keeps us going. There are times, when I think that if there are no dreams, there will not be enough zeal in us to move ahead.
@srisahara (4149)
Actually, there is no person want to set and limit himself but most of this condition is caused by the family circumstances, environment and culture that flourished around them.
@EddieHands (37845)
Yes that is true family often will tell us we cannot do something. But hey I know I am smarter and can do what I wish!
@srisahara (4149)
@EddieHands We have to believe that we can reach what we want. Where there is a will there is a way.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
I never listens to anyone. All my relatives told me to take science as higher studies, But i liked comerce and i chose it. Now i am almost to graduate and nice to hear that commerce has its value in the job field.
@EddieHands (37845)
Yes very nice follow your dreams! You can do it, and reach any dream that you truly wish!!! Good job!