My iron pills might be working for me..

Due to my operation 6 year ago. I can't absorb vitamins like I use to. I was put on 325mg of iron pills and I take two a day like instructed by the Dr. I don't feel as cold any more. I dress for the weather being cold like it is. But,I really don't feel the cold like I did before. In the summer I was also freezing before taking these pills. I have no more refills so I will go back to the Dr. for blood work after the bottle is done.
@Blondie2222 (22724)
I am glad they are working for you. My body doesn't absorb calcium so I have to take supplements every day so my body can get the calcium it needs. I get blood work every 2 weeks to check it.
That is very often and I wonder how they check it. Do you need a needle for that test? I have to give blood to check mine which I kind of get tired of.
Since they are working for you. Be sure and get a refill from The Doctor.
@yukimori (9092)
It's great that it seems to be helping you! Have they told you to drink orange juice with the supplements you're taking? The vitamin C in it will help your body absorb the iron better than it would otherwise.
hi sharon I was anmeic for several years, dragging aro und tired all the time so blood tests showed I needed iron so the pills reallydid help a lot. I was cold a lot too b ut I also got over that.
@EddieHands (37800)
I am very happy to hear your iron pills are working! I hope that you keep doing better in your life! Also eat Kale lots of iron in it!