Why would I help?

@ricki_911 (20079)
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't heard from this girl for almost 2 years, I have seen her out and about she can barely say hi. Whenever we were still talking regularly she never made plans, or went through with the plans. Yet, she text me today and goes can you help insult the house. Umm NO. I am not giving you free labour because you suddenly got pregnent, and raising some dudes kids now. Pay someone if your so sick and incapable. She knew the house wasn't safe, and not even big enough for soon to be 3 kids. She wont get money for that house, it should be burnt to the ground. CAS has been in the middle of it, suddenly she has to clean it up and reno. Yet, she doesnt have money or can't do it herself yet she can afford to go out, and afford anything she wants (but renoing her house). I just ignored her text, and wont answering it. I am not wasting my day off to go help her, it would be different if we still talked, and actually said hi within the last few years.
@Missmwngi (10792)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Well it is funny how people only remember you when they need your help or atleast when they think you can be of use to them
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
My point exactly. She doesn't talk to anyone yet when she needs help she expects everyone to help her. She was like that before, but people are helping her because she makes these sad sappy stories that she is pregnent and can't do things *roll eyes*.
Aww I am sorry this is happening to you and isn't it something they come out of the woodwork when they need something but ignore our hellos ? Ugggh what is wrong in the world today, right ? Nice to meet you btw
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
The world today is pathetic, and I almost just want to pack my bags and move not talking to any of them again. I can't even be bothered to talk to her, she can fend for herself. She took on these two kids and her boyfriend works full time so does she. Yet, they couldn't afford beds but can afford 2 cars, eating out, and extras like satellite, and so on.
It looks like a real problem of prioritizing, well look on the bright side her problems are NOT yours . . . you have a good heart though cause you are writing about this and that is reflective of a conscience many lack , thank you @ricki_911
@ricki_911 (20079)
• Toronto, Ontario
@enlightenedpsych2 It does bug me just the fact people repeatedly ask me to do things yet expect it for free. I will help people who associate and talk to me regularly. If you simple ask, but the fact I know she can afford it, just expects everyone to give things for free. Just irritating someone could think that way. I would not ask or would offer to pay someone even if its in food, or helping them with something.