The Relativity of time, and life...and some nice tunes.

Centralia, Missouri
There was a time I used to look into my father's eyes. In a happy home I was a king, I had a golden throne. Those days are gone, Now the memories are on the wall. I hear the songs Of the places where I was born. - Song by John Martin, Swedish House Mafia Time is one of those constants, at least in movement and in our place in it. It may slow down. It may speed up, or even stop for awhile. We may lose our hold on it, our understanding and perception of it. Drugs, meditation...there are things that can affect it...but in the end time is time. Things that are gone, for us, are gone. Our minds hold time though, memories and images, sights and smells, etched on the walls of our souls. I think of my grandfather, close my eyes, and I can taste a vanilla malt, and smell old musty paperback books. I think of my best friend, close my eyes, and can still feel her hand in mine. Even if I forget, that time, is a part of me. And I miss them both, so much sometimes it hurts. But I wouldn't remove them from my life. They were both important parts of me and my life. Take hope in that. Time may march on, but it's affect is with us forever. Those memories are on the wall, and we can choose to stop and remember, our fingers tracing the scrapes and dents of our lives. Take hope in that, those who are lost, those who have gone on, aren't really gone. Memories are powerful. They are one of the things that can beat time, etchings on the soul are there, no matter if you are conscious of them or not. My father said, "Don't you worry, don't you worry, child. See heaven's got a plan for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now." - Song by John Martin, Swedish House Mafia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6smkh6c-0
It's good to remember those who have passed and that we were close too. Good to remember those memories.
even the sad memories sometimes, those make us who we are
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
Remember the memories and relish them.
and write about them so when they fade you can have your writings to refresh your memory
• Vancouver, Washington
@Jessicalynnt That sounds about right.
• Vancouver, Washington
@Jessicalynnt Yes write about them and enjoy them.
Memories are always good to have..Those memories will be with you forever.
yes and no, our memorys are faulty, so I encourage people to write about them
You can remember your grandparents! Lucky you.
you know, you have a points, I can, and I am glad for it, three of the four, the fourth I have the hazy memory of a three year old so not sure that one counts
@ElizabethWallace that's so sad! I have a few non biological grandparents, I just went and adopted a few myself
@dodoazo (21586)
I am always attached to that memories of life especially song which is serves as the reminder of one's successful life of a person who is close to you. Every time you hear that song, it immediately directs you to the person attached to that song and likewise you recall his wonderful life.
I have a few like that, for me it's less musical and more food and scents, like malts with grandpa.
@dodoazo (21586)
@Jessicalynnt I got 6 grandchildren. I hope they are so thougohtful just like you with your grandpa.
• Eugene, Oregon
This is a very thought provoking post about time and how we view it.
Why thank you! That song just makes me want to spout thoughtful things, something about the chords.
Even if we push those memories down. and try to stop them they will surface somewhere, if only in our dreams.
dreams help us process, but repression in rarely healthy, if ever, in the long run, so I always suggest writing, help get them out and let them ease
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@Jessicalynnt,My dear granny took her last breath in June,2006.I still have a piece of paper on which she had written a poem a few minutes before she collapsed.
wow! I would make copies, and save some online, that would be really tragic to lose!
@Freelanzer (9498)
It is so important that we make memories while we are still here as they endure for a long time and help us through the good times and bad times
it certainly something that should encourage one to travel, try new things, and meet people
Sometimes memories are all we have.
sadly yes, and those fade with time, which is why I try to write some of them down.
• Preston, England
strong feelings and many memories etch themselves into our minds so vividly - great song too. If you take the s off the at the start of your Youtube links the link itself works directly.
http://
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Our memories are all that keep some alive in the mouths of others, and when we are gone, some will hold us in memories, but those we hold in memory will be gone.