Do you think having a Foreign boyfriend/ girlfriend is easy especially the long distance relationship?

Camiling, Philippines
I say NO. haha its so hard to have a foreign boyfriend because sometimes, you didn't understand each other and your culture is different from your culture. PLUS the plane ticket is very expensive. :D You cant touch each other, hug, kiss and even hang out together (like dates). :(
• Lucknow, India
Very true!! You are talking about a foreign boyfriend?? I went away to a different place in my country for a few months because of my work and me and my girlfriends started having problems!! I can only imagine how terrible it will be to have a partner outside the country!!
• Camiling, Philippines
haha. yes. foreign boyfriend. I once had an american boyfriend but since I have a fear of speaking and have a conversation in english language I know it is so hard to communicate with him. and also The culture about family in our country is different from him. :)
• Lucknow, India
@PiperMc Yeah!! Language + Culture difference is a problem
@OneOfMany (12392)
I had an international relationship and we weren't even that far away, but it is really difficult to maintain. Touch is a big part of a relationship.
• Camiling, Philippines
VERY TRUE! It is so hard to maintain that. 'Cause sometimes you need to focus first on your job.
@OneOfMany (12392)
@PiperMc Still, it's hard to stay away from a person when they match you completely. I can't find that easily where I am.
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
I think it's OK to have a foreign partner if they're in the same country as you. But a foreigner in another country will always be a challenge.
• Camiling, Philippines
Yeah. I guess so. :)
No relationships are always easy...but these one pose special problems...one of them being the difficulty in communication...they can be much more difficult to maintain in a manner healthy for both parties. And have...well, very sad endings.
I think it is very difficult to have a foreign boyfriend/girlfriend. And it is even harder to maintain the long distant relationship. It is so easy to break up because they live far away from each other. One of them shall make some sacrifice to get together. It is harder than imagination.
• Portugal
yes its very hard because i tried that before and it didnt work. its not that you cant love the person. the problem is that the trip is very expensive and not just that you cant see each other, neither hug neither kiss. and all relationships need that. we can live without it for awhile but after some time it becomes impossible.