What do you do to feel positive

By Sky
@skysnap (17963)
I have this struggle staying positive. I mean I just can't figure out what to do and what to tell myself. What do you do in case you feeling low and want to be positive. That's why asking others on mylot and other places on how to be more positive.
at my age.I have to be positive on things.
@skysnap (17963)
I understand. However how do you retain that mindset?
I think age and experience foster a positive outlook most of the time @skysnap
@skysnap (17963)
@enlightenedpsych2 Ah I see. That sounds very reasonable.
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
I look at how much better off I am than a lot of people and the perspective always helps. You can simplify it as counting your blessings if you want to.
@skysnap (17963)
I agree some of the time comparisons helps a lot too. Though comparison make me feel bad.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I get those days as well. I try to focus more on what i want to achieve and try to make it there. Just take a minute at a time and don't think so much of everything
@skysnap (17963)
Thanks. I have been struggling with overthinking. I don't know how to put an end to overthinking. Even working harder makes it hard. focus is even hardeer.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@skysnap Overthinking can take you to hell,it does take alot of energy as well. Try as much as possible to take it cool
@skysnap (17963)
@Missmwngi Yes, thanks a lot. It is hard to step out of that habit but working on it :)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
Just be calm. Calmness makes one positive in thinking as far it is successful with me
@skysnap (17963)
Thanks will try that too. :)
I agree with Rahul. Stop whatever you are doing and take a deep breath. And another. And another. Empty your mind and just concentrate on deep breaths till you find yourself a bit calmed down. Your mind will be constantly talking, piling one problem on another. The trick is to shut it up. It works for me. I still have to practise a lot, though. And for every problem your mind comes up with, order it to think of a blessing you are grateful for. If it can't come up with gratitude, then it has to shut up. ;) A beautiful quote to sum this up "The soul always knows how to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind"
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
@SBhargav Hey thanks for those massive tips. I will surely lead my life with those in mind
@birjudanak (7293)
i just not think for past and just think that what to do now and next to go ahead and achieve goal,if we do there we are success and reach there where we want.
@skysnap (17963)
That is interesting. I have trouble with that approach. i have to take slowly it seems.
@skysnap yes which i say its not easy because while we are in trouble we cant thing positive but if you keep calm and think deeply then you can go ahead,this thing is very easy in say but very difficult to do.
• Grand Haven, Michigan
I think we focus too much on always feeling positive. Our other, less desirable feelings are just as needed as the good ones. When you feel down, let it happen. Feel bad and feel sorry for yourself for a few minutes or hours. Let all the negative out. Then get drunk! Works for me lol
@skysnap (17963)
Never took drink in my life. But feeling that if life is this bad, I should get drunk too.
• Grand Haven, Michigan
@skysnap Bad decisions are kind of my thing. lol
I think of all I have to be grateful for an that does the trick.
@skysnap (17963)
Yes gratitude works for most of the people. I do try that too.
@Hit4Hit (585)
• Hungary
Try to thing yes it is possible, i can do this
@skysnap (17963)
Yes positive thinking of "I can do this'.
I struggle also and heck I even went to school for many years of trying to understand psychology against the human mind and I still cannot 'always' have the perfect day or flow positive all the time', but I figured something wonderful out: When I did not expect a positive attitude 'all the time', realizing things get in the way of messing that up naturally, I could accept a mediocre position with grace instead of grit. In other words I let go of totalitarian thought and chose a middle ground, saying okay I got this but can he or she get it too . . .
You have to count your blessings one by one.
@skysnap (17963)
Agree that is one good way to live the life better. I have learned it the hard way.
@wiLLmaH (8236)
• Singapore, Singapore
Listen to musics that you feels uplifting for you.
@skysnap (17963)
Yes that is one way to do things for sure :)
@AkoPinay (10088)
You need to find love. LOL
@rocky1980 (544)
• Chandigarh, India
whenever I feel low I hear Eminem Song "Lose Yourself". it's a very good song. And always works with me.
My garden a sunset, a bumblebee, a good book, a grandchild wanting to come for a visit (telling me what they want me to cook). Jeeezzz! The list is endless!
@gudheart (12742)
It can be really hard at times, especially with depression and anxiety which is what I have. I just try and imagine how worse it could be and how lucky I have to have some many of the good things in my life.
@GreatMartin (5389)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Sounds very simple but it is true--just waking up in the morning and facing a new day makes me positive! Join my world!
I have to BELIEVE that with each negative thought there really is 2 or 3 positive ones to be found when searching beneath all the fluff and misinformation