Counting my blessings, slowly October 28, 2015

Marion, Kansas
My cell phone connection still is not fixed. I talked to someone on the phone. She says that the other departments say that it will take up to 72 hours to fix the issue. Blessing1, I have a landline. Blessing2 I have a hotline number and pin to use if it does not get fixed Blessing3 I am not using minutes or days while this happens Blessing4 No one will call me on that phone I do not like doing business on the phone. I guess I will do something else for a while. I should have never tried to upgrade to a smart phone. Do you have any blessings I can share?
Here are some of my Blessings: 1. @Susan2015 is my wife. 2. I have friends here on MyLot. 3. I know everything happens for a reason so I can count each breath as a blessing no matter what.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thats cool, I didnt know your wife was on MyLot and I follow her as well lol Im going to try and convinvce my wife to join too
• Marion, Kansas
@Berniezeitler all very true. A great spouse is a wonderful blessing.
• Marion, Kansas
@BACONSTRIPSXXX My hubby is here, but does not get on. I think you have to let admin know when you both are members.
I don't use a cell phone so I don't have that problem.
• Marion, Kansas
One of the jobs I had basically made me have to have one. I have always used tracfone, and most of the time I have had no trouble. With us driving distances it becomes somewhat necessary. Or it can become an electronic leash. I think being without one might actually be a blessing.
My blessings are a roof over my head, plenty to eat and all of my needs met. A loving family and good friends.
• Marion, Kansas
A very full and wonderful life. We are blessed.
@Marcyaz (36007)
those are all good to have in our life.
@Marcyaz (36007)
@GardenGerty We certainly are blessed in our lives.
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I live. That is the best blessing for me. Looking back, I am happy with whatever I have - the void, emptiness, even the bad health. I am thankful to the Controller that He selected me as I realize that maybe I am the chosen one because if this was some one else, s/he might not have been able to handle it better.
• Marion, Kansas
When my first husband became ill he did not say "why me" but "why not me?" You never know why or why not.
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@GardenGerty So very true. When I was on the bed for 8 months, almost until the day I started walking, I was thinking "why me". The "why not me" changed my attitude, my way of thinking and here I am, walking, working, enjoying - Alive. I think when we think about "why me" - we are egoistic and that is a vice in itself. Life becomes easier when we let go of "me" and start thinking in terms of "why not me"
You could ask daddyevil to help you with that issue, he's very knowledgeable about smartphones. I bought a LG Optimus for $30 a few months ago and tried to use it, the internet portion was a breeze but I never could figure out how to answer the stupid thing so I went back to my old phone. I still use that LG for internet access when I'm out and about but other than that it's no longer being used as a phone.
@sherryeb (586)
• Duncan, Arizona
laughing-those smart phones are smarter than me!
• Marion, Kansas
@sherryeb and @rebelann I lost it in the middle of this move and I have not taken the time to learn the new, smart phone. The old one was more like a blackberry.
@GardenGerty I've never actually seen or used a blackberry so that one's lost on me Yep, @sherryeb the dang things do tend to outsmart us, thank goodness I kept my old phone. I have straight talk prepaid so going back to my old phone was a breeze.
I love my smart phone, I didn't like dealing with the smarttalk tech support and service and stuff, but the price was nice
• Marion, Kansas
I got a smart phone to replace a phone I lost. I really think I have been hacked somehow. My time keeps getting pulled off.
@Marcyaz (36007)
@GardenGerty Sorry to hear you are having those problems with your phone.
@sherryeb (586)
• Duncan, Arizona
I am experiencing many blessings recently. Family, friends, resolutions to some problems and that I wake up to a new day everyday.
• Marion, Kansas
Definite blessings.
@inertia4 (26786)
Well, for one, I don't have a landline, and I like it that way. The phone company was screwing me every month with that landline. So I dumped it. I love my smartphone and cannot liv without it. I have no issues with it either. Why an issue would take up to 72 hours to fix is beyond mu knowledge. If I eve had a problem, they fixed it right away. Maybe you should look into changing the cellphone service you use.
• Marion, Kansas
I believe it was hacked, just as any computer can be hacked. It is a pay as you go service and that is all I can afford.
This is a frustration for sure GG. I am glad that you can count those blessings, they are invaluable in times like this. I have the blessing of being able to sort through a lot of stresses right now and keep up for others, as you are doing now.
• Marion, Kansas
Let us know how your son is doing, okay?
@GardenGerty Hi GG, thank you for remembering. The results were positive today from the doctor, meaning he has not found the polycythemia in the test results, but are doing more tests to see if they can find what is causing the symptoms.
Each day is a blessing. My leg is healing. My relationship with Jesus Christ is my greatest blessing.
• Marion, Kansas
And you were well cared for while your leg was getting to this point. Blessings are all around us.
@GardenGerty Yes I was. The staff at the nursing home is great and so are the therapists.
@japneet20 (254)
• New Delhi, India
My life itself is a blessing right now. And so is everyone else's.
• Marion, Kansas
This is so true.
• New Delhi, India
@GardenGerty exactly.
@dodoazo (12525)
Me I never count my blessings. What I count is the number of persons I have helped, the number of persons I have made happy, the number of poor people I have recommended to social welfare for ameliorating themselves, the number of kids being educated. Moreover, the number of Sundays I have gone to Church and renewed my covenant with the Lord, the number of days, weeks, months and even years that I am in the service of my fellow beings. Not counting the number of time I have spent for my wife, for my children, for my grandchildren and for my whole family. Those are the blessings of opportunity to be service.
• Marion, Kansas
This is very true, because we all need to be useful.
My family is safe and in one peace. I have food and shelter and some awesome God to walk with me during the day and night.
same as here.. that's a wonderful blessing for us to have and to be thankful of. God Bless us more.
@scheng1 (24879)
haha, your smart phone is really smart enough to go on a strike. I do not have a smart phone, and I do not intend to use one too. I think my phone is good enough, and I do not need to go online all the time.
@Rollo1 (16708)
• Boston, Massachusetts
My soup was yummy and we ate well today. I have a dumb phone so it is never a problem unless I want to call someone.
Well I will share the blessing of not having a smartphone
@deafdiva (248)
I just had a blessing happen this morning! Someone paid for my food at McDonalds!
I have all the love of my parents and my husband, and to live everyday with love of all the people around me, I am so blessed.
@Marcyaz (36007)
sorry about your smartphone not working properly, I have never had a problem when I first upgraded to my smartphone and i am now on my third one. I would saying living in a house that is warm is a blessing, having enough food to eat is also a blessing as there are people who do not have a warm place to stay nor enough food to eat.