Is it really that hard to find supportive people

I recently got to see my credit report. I mentioned it here about two months ago. A phone bill hit my credit report that I got for someone else. I was stuck with $900 on my report. I made arrangements to have money taken out my account to pay it off. I know I am not applying for anything that would need my credit score. I just want to pay it off to have a better score. I was told that I am stupid for paying that bill since I am not applying for anything. Mind you I did apply for three apartments out of state. What is they want to see my credit score. Really you just never know these days. I feel like it's not cool to let people know when your doing stuff to better yourself. I don't think I am stupid at all. I know better than to say anything else about me paying off my credit.
@owstalaga (4488)
Guess you just have to hang out with better people then. There are many who are like that. I say ditch those people if you can. I have "friends" who are like that. They say they support you but their action speaks otherwise. Pfffft.
I pretty much hang alone these days. I have one person I be with that seems to turn me off at times.
@owstalaga (4488)
@sharon6345 Yeah, hard to find people who aren't petty and are supportive.
@DeborahDiane (18005)
• Laguna Woods, California
I think you are probably doing the right thing. It can take a while for it to improve your credit. You can't wait until the last minute.
Your right it does take a while and I don't want to need it and can't see it adjusted. Thanks a lot.
@sallypup (24447)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Follow your instincts. I don't like folks who say others are stupid. They're not in your shoes. How do they know what you need to do?
That is what I plan to do with it all. Follow my gut to a better credit report. Thanks.
• Marion, Kansas
Sometimes people criticize you for doing the right thing because it makes them feel guilty for not doing the same.
That is how I look at it as well. They could do the right thing like me if they choose.
There is a lot to learn about credit and the credit scores. I would do some research, talk to some experts, and get a handle on how to handle your credit. It is rather weird how it works. Some people are supportive and some are not. As you grow older you will see a difference become clearer to you.
I hope to get it all straightened out soon. I just want it to go well. Thanks for sharing this with me.
@sharon6345 ...Hope you are able to do that.
@gudheart (12775)
Ignore what others say. If you think you are doing right and have good advice from good sources then you are fine :D
That is what I plan to do with it all. Thanks Gudheart.
@gudheart (12775)
@sharon6345 Your welcome :D Those type of people are best avoided.
@pumpkinjam (5750)
You're not stupid at all. Unfortunately, it can be hard to find supportive people but when you do find them, you'll appreciate them all the more. I know I've done things and been told not to bother, that I should just stick with how things are, negative comments about things which should be positive. I'm never sure if it's jealousy or other people wanting to project their own misery on others!
I can't tell either to be honest. I think I will just do what I want in the end.
I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. It's becoming a serious issue with to many people wanting personal information expecting they are entitled to that knowledge like credit reports, family history financial information and more, but you see it all the time with apartment hunting, job applications even registering for schools. The government has grown to big ripping away privacy rights.
That is what I am afraid of as well. Everyone wants to see your credit history. You just never know till the appointed time.
@Blondie2222 (19916)
I got everything off my credit report now and the only thing that making my credit bad is my student loan. I been making payments twice a month on it but it's the interest that kills ya. Sorry you are stuck paying that bill for someone else but atleast it will get off your credit report.
My student loan was waved now it's back on the credit report. someone stole my identity and filed taxes in my name. The student loan took 7 grand to put on my credit report for the student loan. I told them that was not me filing or my money either. They refused to listen to me.
Actually it is the people who call you stupid that are stupid. Do not tell them anything anymore.
I mad up my mind not to say another word about my credit or anything that could come back to bite me.