How do you feel about writing? Not just in MyLot, but journals, etc..

I enjoy it when I have the time. I used to keep journals and so forth but as I've gotten older, busier, I just don't seem to be able to do it. They say fifteen minutes a day is sufficient. That is really helps put your mind in perspective. Releases tension, etc. Honestly writing is a bit like working out: it is difficult to do, but if you actually do it, you feel great afterwards. I know I do. MyLot kind of serves that purpose to a degree. Do any of you keep journals?
@KristenH (23283)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
No journals. But I do write on my computer's WP software like Scrivener. I do write in notebooks for notes and such.
@KristenH do you write to relieve tension or just to write?
@KristenH (23283)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@happytails I just write whatever's on my mind and let it pour out with free writing. Sometimes to relieve tension, if I have any.
@KristenH Exactly! What's great is when you go back days, months, years later and read what you were thinking about then!
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
There have been times in my life when I've kept a journal, but I'm not doing it right now. Most of my current writing efforts are going in trying to get my blogs established at BlogJob.
@Gina145 that's awesome! I hear blogging is pretty cool!
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@happytails It's not easy getting started, but hopefully it will get easier as I go along. The fact that I often suffer from writer's block doesn't help, so I'm not posting as often as I should.
@Gina145 I would love to do that!
• Preston, England
I barely stop writing - 15 minutes a day would kill me - I need much more than that.
@arthurchappell Lol!! You are so right! I used to love it but no time now! Ya know, though that really is no excuse! Particularly when it is supposed to be a stress reliever!
• Preston, England
@happytails for me it is a compulsion - I have too many things to write so my ideas end up conflicting and competing with one another - the opposite curse to writer's block but still a curse
@arthurchappell So true! My problem is I can't seem to 'turn off' the thought process. At night my mind is still going 100 miles an hour!
@Bluedoll (17075)
I have and do. I'm going to get immersed very soon. Of late all my writing has taken place right here in myLot. But that is about to change soon. I need to read my old journal. Do you read your older writings?
@Bluedoll Yes I do and I love it! It's nice to read and see where my mind was at the time, and even better when I see things have improved! Plus I just love the memories, good and bad!
@Bluedoll (17075)
@happytails I have some I must revisit. They are old, maybe it will be like a different person. Seeing improvements is encouraging.
@softbabe44 (5909)
• Vancouver, Washington
I think writing is very influencial.
@softbabe44 I believe it can be. It can make a difference in your life, your daily routines even. If you are having a rough day, write about it and you will soon find it's easier to deal with because you could 'vent' on paper.
• Vancouver, Washington
@happytails Thankyou for your comforting message your right thou write about it.
@dodoazo (17311)
Writing is everyone's business. It only differs to everyone's priority and purpose. Keeping a journal is like leaving a written legacy to the world on what has happening yesterday and today. In so doing, the future is shaped by it.
@dodoazo Wonderful words of wisdom and so very true! Thank you!
@dodoazo (17311)
@happytails You're welcome. Those thoughts are expressed for I know there are some if not all who would move to ponder them over whether it is true or not.
• Pune, India
I like blogging. But never tried Journals, Can you please suggest any good links that offer money for writing Journals? Atleast I will get idea about it whether I qualify it or nor. Ofcourse writing an article may not take too much time, But gathering the information to make that article will take really longer time. It always differs from article to article. No standard time for this.
@Analyst001 I unfortunately do not have any links, I am trying to find some for myself as well. If I do I will let you know! And keep writing!!!
I keep notebooks that I write snippets of poems in and work on them later.
@Sheliamarie78 I used to do that! I have notebooks filled with pieces here and there!
• Greece
I have a box of them and I still keep a journal. Sometimes when I look back on those old diaries I think I am reading about someone else's life. I have simply forgotten many incidents in the past. That is one of the reasons I like to keep a diary as a reminder.
@41CombedaleRoad It's great thought isn't it? To just read and remember....
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@happytails,I often write for offline journals in my mother tongue Hindi.When I succeed in expressing myself properly,it makes me feel 'contented.'
@else34 That is so great!
@valmnz (12465)
• New Zealand
I write in a notebook daily. I don't call it a journal, I call what I do free writing. Sometimes I explore ideas for other writing I do. Sometimes I explore other ideas. Sometimes I respond to a prompt. Sometimes I reflect on the day. The important thing is to write daily. Even here counts.
@valmnz that's awesome!