My Furnace

Green Bay, Wisconsin
The days are starting to get cold now. Sunday marks a new month - November, and I still haven't heard anything about the furnace. I took all the paperwork over to Social Services on Tuesday. I was told I would hear from the people who would provide the new furnace within 24 hours. Today's Friday, more than 24 hours has passed. I know I wasn't home yesterday morning, so I went through my phone's caller ID to see if they had called and there wasn't anything from them. So I'm wondering if I didn't qualify for the free furnace. I hope I hear from them soon, before winter hits. It's getting cold in the house. I have a space heater on in the office and my son has one on in his room. Soon I will be turning on the one in my bedroom, but I have enough covers on my bed at the moment to compensate for the lack of heat. Thanks for reading and I hope your day is going well.
They better get there fast, its getting pretty cold at night.
Yes it is. I resorted to turning on the oven for some kind of heat in the house besides the space heaters.
@just4him Did you call them back?
@marlina They never called to call back, but I will be getting in touch with Social Services tomorrow about the furnace.
@gabs8513 (48715)
I really hope that they will contact you soon and get one there for you it is awful that they make People wait so long if it was them they wouldn't like to wait and they would have it straight away
I know being Friday I will need to wait until Monday before I hear anything from them, and I really hope I do.
@gabs8513 (48715)
@just4him I hope you do hear on Monday this is awful to leave someone in the cold
@gabs8513 I hope so too. Space heaters are nice, but they add to the electric portion of my bill. Natural gas is cheaper.
I hope you get an answer. We lit the pilot lights on our fourth wall furnace last night. One I thought was out actually was on. We are new to this kid of heat and found that it was easy to get overheated. We have a heated mattress pad. Pricey to buy but it keeps us warm and keeps the gas bill down.
I hadn't thought about a heated mattress pad, though now I don't think that would be feasible for me as I already blew the circuit once by plugging the space heater in in my room.
I hope you hear from them real soon. Call them tomorrow if you do not hear from them.
Being the weekend, I will need to wait until Monday now.