What do you do if your boss is threatened by you

the bus stop near my work
@vickyrose (1979)
Canberra, Australia
I am not sure if you've been in this situation. I've been in this situation a few times and most of the time, I just left and didn't hold my ground. This time, when I am now more matured and ready to be 'sacked', I am standing my ground. I care so much for the organization, but my boss, who's been the boss for so many years and who in fact had pushed me to be in the position as her assistant is making my life quite difficult. It's an awkward situation. I am indebted to this boss but at the same time, I can't be manipulated and bullied to what I think is not right. How would you handle this situation?
@antonbunot (9350)
• Calgary, Alberta
@rosyrose, do you mean when your boss threatens you?!
@vickyrose (1979)
• Canberra, Australia
the boss riducules me a lot, I was just very grateful and just keep quiet about it but I think that next time will ridicule the boss back LOL..
@Rollo1 (16691)
• Boston, Massachusetts
You have to do what you think is right, or at least explain why you think it's wrong and try to change your boss' mind.
@vickyrose (1979)
• Canberra, Australia
For a 'green eyed' monster, they will become deaf and blind, Anja. @Rollo1
@Shellyann36 (8619)
I am not sure how I would handle the boss, it might be easier to try to find a new job. Of course if you like your job perhaps you should be straight forward and hash it all out.
@sofssu (14742)
Hmm tough place to be in.. I have been there but I hate confrontations so I found a job that paid me double and moved on.. made me less miserable.
If you're been in the position for a while, your debt to this lady has probably been paid.
• Preston, England
I ended up disciplined at one firm after getting a boss fired (actually he quit before they could dismiss him, for blatant cover ups of safety problems) - other bosses petitioned saying they were afraid of me as I asked awkward questions at team briefings - I was ordered to keep my concerns to myself. I quit a few months after that.
I think i will resign rather than bear with a boss like that . Yes, you may be indebted to him in one way or another , but he has no right to bully you like that .
@salonga (27969)
For long years I patiently worked under a Boss that I never liked because of his very bad attitude to her employees, but by God's grace I was able to make her more dependent on me so that she behaved very nicely to me knowing for a fact that her office will not be the same without me.
Do you mean that the boss is rude, criticize your work and bully you? From what you write I understand that this boss is your boss from many years. If this also happened in the past but you helped you to reach your actual position, it is very possible that this only a matter of bad temper.
@amnabas (9858)
• Karachi, Pakistan
I dont have any idea as i never worked out.
@hereandthere (23108)
she pushed you to be her assistant so she can bully and manipulate you? would talking to her boss help?
• Pleasant Hill, California
I had a boss who was jealous of my abilities once. I left that job after a couple of years. In all of my jobs now ( I work 2 1/2 jobs), there's mutual respect and admiration between me and my bosses--makes for a much more comfortable situation.