Oh Those Memories

Spunky, 5weeks to 16 yrs
El Paso, Texas
We all have them, good or bad, and mine revolves around those furbabies I've rescued. Spunky was a total hoot. His first encounter with a dog was at 5 weeks, or at least that was my impression as he wasn't completely weaned and took to my virgin Golden Retriever Gracie as if she were his mom. He proceeded to entertain me and the pups as well as helping to raise two of them, first Sophie then Mykey. Talk about photo ops, oh yeah I got so many shots of their antics and loads of giggles. I did a collage of him, in the middle of the shot he was perhaps 5 weeks according to the vet, then the one in the lower left he is 16, I never got any shots of him at 17, he wasn't feeling so good anymore. They were the reason I hated when I had to leave to go to work.
@vandana7 (50941)
Well, they are like babies right. My little friend's little sister was narrating a story today. It goes like this..na na na na na na na..she was pretty serious for a one and a half year old. I gave a solemn hearing to her serious thinking you know.
Yes, when they are being serious it's best to go along with it no matter how funny.
@vandana7 (50941)
@rebelann ..I mean she is just learning to utter na na...and she is already lecturing me. lol. This is so perfect.
That must have been so fun for you @vandana7
• Eugene, Oregon
Our pets provide endless entertainment and memories. I wish Woof was still around!
@Shellyann36 (6436)
He was a beautiful cat. You took good care of him and he lived a long life.
Thank you, I thought he was beautiful too but boy was his hair hard to tolerate when he would shed, he had the softest fur of any of the cats I've had and it would simply float around especially since we get no humidity here.
• Greece
Such a beautiful cat and long lived too. As you had him so young I don't expect he remembered anything but being loved by you. I had a kitten for a short while when I used to go to work every day but in the end I gave him to my cousin. I always felt sad about that.
He was very attached to my Golden Retriever as well as me, I'll have to write a little about my trio one day.
@sofssu (14909)
I guess most of us have our share of precious memories of our furbabies. Mine would never leave my side when I was bedridden for months.. with very little hope of walking again. She would be my companion, guard and guardian angel. She would nudge me and encourage me to get up and walk until I really did.
Awww, that's so sweet. Do you have any pictures of her?
I love the collage, it's great to have pictures of him throughout his life. How long has he been gone? We don't have pets any more for the same reason as PaintsOnSlate. We travel too much.
He passed in 2009, then I lost Sophie in 2010. Those were tough years for me.
My condolences @jaboUK believe me I know exactly how that hurt. I've been through it many times and it's never easy and I always mourn. Sometimes it's like losing a parent, I have no kids so I could not relate to losing a child.
@41CombedaleRoad I don't know about your love being spread more evenly - it sounds to me that you are more likely to have 8 times the heartache! But also 8 times the love
I am not a cat person but leaving a pet of any kind when you go to work is hard on a person.
It sure is. Boy am I glad I get to stay home most of the time now.
@rebelann We retired in 2001 and it was much easier training Ruby then the dog we had when we worked full time.
So true @AbbyGreenhill all my past furbabies were awesome in their own way but they would've been so much better if I could've stayed home with them.
• Glasgow, Scotland
I like your collage. :)
Thank you, I had fun putting it together
There is no such issue now as I am at home. We did have that problem when we were working but there were cats that kept our dog company.
I always had 2 dogs and a cat it seems and when I worked they kept each other company but now I'm so glad I'm home most of the time and I think my furbabies are glad I'm here as well.
@cahaya1983 (5389)
The sweetest relationship I had with a cat was over 10 years ago. I went to college abroad and it was always hard every time I had to leave for college when summer break was over.
I can imagine, I'd be lost without my furbabies.
Cats are beautiful creatures and I understand very well that you hated when you had to go to work.
Yes they are, they move so elegantly even when they're being silly. I keep hoping that soon there will be legitimate jobs offered that we can do at home.