Say thank you and please to people.

Roseburg, Oregon
When you say thank you and please to people they think you are a nice prerson that has manners. Saying thank you to your boss is a good way to stay in good with your boss. Employees think more of a boss that says thank you for a good job. Than they do of a boss that never brothers to thank them at all. The work thank you means a lot to employees when a boss says it to them.
@swissheart (6246)
some people forget how to use such expressions. my boss always asks me to go to the restaurant to get him food but he always seems to forget how to even thank me
@Missmwngi (9636)
• Nairobi, Kenya
He should thank you for it but some bosses tend to think it is your work as well since they are the boss
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Wow I was taught that all my life. I do think it is an excellent idea to say thank you for people helping you. It sure shows you appreciate them and they like to hear it too. We could never have anything when we grew up if we did not say please and thank you to the person who offered it to us.
@Hit4Hit (587)
• Hungary
I think if you add "sorry" with both these two words then "please, sorry and thank you " with them you can win the world
@Missmwngi (9636)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I completely agree. They are two simple but with such a great impact when used
@Hit4Hit (587)
• Hungary
@Missmwngi yes very impressive words
@Missmwngi (9636)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sure,thanking people or saying sorry and such words means alot. It is good to appreciate others when they do good to you and it is a simple as that,saying thank you
Some people are to frightened to have manners.
@Missmwngi (9636)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@jstory07 Ha haa and they end up having a difficult life.
@FourWalls (11408)
I had a chat with a friend of mine one night, and in the course of the conversation I said, "If you want to screw with an 18-year-old's head, go into a Subway and say, 'Yes, sir, may I please have...?'" He laughed, then said, seriously, "Don't you think it's incumbent on them to say that to you as part of the privilege of being older?" I replied, "We were the last generation absolutely taught to use those courtesy words. If we don't use them, they'll become extinct." It doesn't cost anything to say "please," "thank you," and "sir/ma'am."
This is one thing that irks me rather when others do not have manners.
@dodo19 (29299)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Those three words can go a long way. My parents taught my sister and I to say them, and they're words that I want my kids to use. I want them to be polite. I try to remind them as often as I can to say them, when asking for something, or getting something, for instance.
I do not appreciate people who do not have manners. It takes so little time to say thank you and please and also sorry if someone step on you by mistake.
@sissy15 (5174)
I just think manners are important in general. As a kid my mom made me say please and thank you. I make my son say please and thank you. He is very polite now, because he doesn't know any other way to be. He says it automatically after receiving candy while trick or treating. To me it's a sign that you're respectful, and you don't just expect everything, and you realize that these people don't have to give you things. People don't have to do things for you, and that's something children and even some adults need to learn. Most people want to deal with a person who has manner over someone who doesn't, because the person that does have manners is going to be the one who knows not to just expect things, and be grateful when they are given opportunities or things. My son knows not to expect things when we go places. He knows that we're more prone to do something for him if he's polite about it than if he's not. I remember I was one of the few kids in my study hall in HS that was allowed to go to the restroom or do whatever during study hall because I was polite and respectful, and did't cause trouble. Manners and respect has a lot to do with who a person grows up to be. Kids that demand things are often looked at in a less favorable light than those who have manners.
@wiLLmaH (8158)
• Singapore, Singapore
When boss tap our shoulders for cheking out how was our job before he go to checkout others I always say "bye and thanks".
@vandana7 (59031)
It also gives us that fraction of time more to notice people and understand something about them which is crucial without staring.
@rakski (3262)
that is very true. saying thank you and please means a lot not only to employees but also other people. it shows manner as a whole.
Manners have gone by the wayside in most cases. Parents need to teach their kids the 'magic' words, please and thanks.