How much do you spend on your kids at Christmas?

This is a general wondering, Do you go off the amount of presents, what they ask for or the amount you spend?
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
My kids will get approximately 10 gifts each... some years it's a couple more, some years it's a couple less... depends on what we've got to spend. The first few are always cheap things... clothes, pajamas, slippers.. that sort of stuff. The last few are things they'll really like and might be a bit more expensive.
I have a $90 layaway for my daughter at Marshal's. I can't wait to give them to her in case they don't fit her. so,That won't be part of her gift..
I don't have kids yet so I can't comment but I spoil Mr Fish's little brother (I keep sayijng little he is 12!) This year though he only has a £50 xbox gift card and some chocs. I tell myself thats enough but I KNOW I will spend more in the run up!
@ivyparkgirl I also used my card a few years ago to make goody bags for all my nephews. It was really nice to see them loving those care packages.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@Sarah3020,Christmas is a festival for Christians.I am a Hindu.Although I celebrate Christmas,but only with my Christian friends.I don't have to buy anything for our kids,but I never forget to buy something or the other for the kids of my Christian friends.
It really epends on funds available to be honest this year I don't think it will be more than £200. but I try to make up for it in time we spend a lot of december making goodies, presents and decorations
This holiday last year we stayed way under budget, had no choice as everything except gas for the cars went up in price . . .
@lokisdad (4264)
I guess that really depends on your budget and how early you got to start shopping for things along with what discounts you were able to get with sales. When we are broke it can be as little as $20 and when we are doing really well it can be as much as a few hundred dollars on each child. I don't think there is any standard amount that one should spend it should be within your financial means.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
It's hard sometimes with christmas and all we don't have the money to put out for presents we give some the kids little gift cards they go a long way.
There is no dollar amount for me with my daughter. for her first Christmas I spent $600 which I found to be too much after seeing she could not even open her gifts. lol. My child is 21 and what ever I think she needs I will buy.