Bond Spectre

@garymarsh6 (11903)
United Kingdom
Last night we went to the cinema to see the new Bond Film Spectre. It was quite good and I managed to stay awake for the whole of the film. It was quite action packed which I guess helped to maintain my interest. I must say that I enjoyed the film but after a while I found the seats get quite uncomfortable. Yesterday there was 24 showings of Bond and every performance was sold out. There must have been 200 seats in each theatre and at £13 a time they must be making an incredible profit per day. Our film was shown in cinema 7. So for yesterday the cinema took £62,400 ($93,600) just for the bond film alone. This is without the sales of tickets for other performances and drink and food people buy at the cinema. Sounds like they make quite a hefty profit at the cinema per day. Quite a profitable business so it seems. They also advertised the next Star Wars film will be out on the 17th of December. I thought it rather an odd day for the release of the film bearing mind it is coming up to Christmas. I doubt I would have that much spare time to see it. (Not that I would as I am not really a sci fi fan). I think it is far more comfortable to watch films in the comfort of your own home. I am not sure whether I would bother going to the cinema again and maybe just wait for the next bond film to come out on DVD. Do you visit the cinema often?
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
I read in the papers that they were bumping up the prices. That seems immoral to me.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
I must say I was a bit shocked at how expensive it is to go to the cinema these days. I think the last film I saw was Les Miserables which I slept through until half an hour before the end. I thought they last half an hour was quite exciting though! An expensive sleep I must admit.
@boiboing (12533)
• Northampton, England
@garymarsh6 It's not normal that it's so expensive. The cinemas have been putting up the prices just for this film and in preparation for Star Wars.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
@boiboing OH right shows how often I get to the cinema. I am not keen on Scifi anyway so I won't be going to see that. Imagine taking a family to the cinema it will cost an arm and a leg.I am quite pleased to know that there is a film I wanted to see being shown on my next flight!
@valmnz (12595)
• New Zealand
I don't go to the cinema much and when I do go, to the less commercially popular films admittedly, there's hardly anyone there. I think it's only the commercial movies like Bond that draw in the crowds.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Yes you and boinboing are of the same opinion!
My husband loves to go and we may go this afternoon.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Well I can recommend the new bond film then Marie! Enjoy! Do you go to a drive in one or a sit down one? I am not sure if we have any drive in cinemas here in the UK. A probably because it is too damn cold.
@garymarsh6 a drive in is hard to find these days. Most have shut down.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
@Tampa_girl7 We have seen it in films but I have never experienced one!
Don't they have to pay quite a bit for a film? I wonder what their expenses are. Here they have about the same at the pricy theater. I don't go there anymore. Last time I went was to see the first Thor movie. I watch them at home and can wait until they come to Netflix.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Theatre tickets are beyond a joke here in the UK and in the USA. I would not mind if the seats were comfortable but they are awful.
@garymarsh6 ...I always set up in front in the chairs that leaned back. Very comfy.
We go a few times a year. Waiting for the new Mission Impossible one.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
OH great I hope you enjoy it too!
@Missmwngi (9700)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I am not a fun of going to cinema,i love it when i watch in the house at my own time
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Good It is far more comfortable and a whole lot cheaper and you can fidget as much as you like too!
• Portland, Connecticut
Not too often but the one we go to has incredibly comfortable seats, they recline and everything.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
That sounds nice!
• Portland, Connecticut
@garymarsh6 It really is quite comfortable almost like being in the recliner at home.
@gudheart (12808)
I agree, I much prefer watching them at home in my own bed with some popcorn :D Cheaper and more comfortable :D
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Certainly more comfortable and you can stop it when you like to get something to eat or drink or go to the loo!
@PainsOnSlate (18576)
I don't go often, I don't like to be in closed places with that many people. My dad hated the theater too because he always caught a cold while there. If a movie is important to me I will go. I love Bond Films but will wait until its on CD to watch it.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Yes I will probably do so for the next one!
• Denmark
13 GBP is incredible!
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Its extortionate!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I actually rarely go to the Cinema these days. We wait and watch stuff on Netflix.
@garymarsh6 (11903)
Much cheaper and far more comfortable too!
@GreatMartin (4317)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I just read the first line as I am going to see it Friday--I have to go to the movies every Friday or the world will come to an end--or at least I think it will! Regarding your comment to @celticeagle I pay $6.50 to see a movie and the seats are as comfortable as a recliner--I believe in seeing a movie on a 70 foot movie screen which it was made for--not a TV screen.
@petertheo (150)
• South Africa
We'll only see it once the whole world has seen it I suppose!
• Preston, England
I go as often as possible. I love the movies
@zebra2222 (4888)
I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. It will be here on Friday. Glad you enjoyed it.