Hurray Hurray Its Raining Here In Garden G rove CA W ow

Garden Grove, California
Those big bl ack storm clouds made an early sunset but now its raining and the first heavy rain in many many months we are in a drought condition here in Southern California s o this will help I hope. Im happy that it really is raining.
Yes! Rain is such a blessing. I know you in CA need as much as you can get -- as long as there are no floods.
This unfortuneately was just a shower and I heard it only lasted a few minutes darn.
@DeborahDiane (17111)
• Laguna Woods, California
I live here in Laguna Woods and it hasn't started raining yet, but it is good to know it is close!!
hi@Deborah_Diane it did not last more than fifteen minutes then im told it blew off six miles away then fizzled out. So I doubt it got to you either. sad how we c annot get rain when others have had way too much rain.
Rained south of you for about six minutes, then the wind came up and blew the clouds east. Shucks.
hu @ElizabethWallace it just sprinkled here shucks yep the wind will blow those rain filled clouds off. just a sprinkle sad but someone does get the rain lol.
@NeldaHoxie (1421)
I'm glad your area has finally gotten rain.
It was just a sprinkle got up this mornning the pavement in the alle outside my window was bone dry but the so il in the patio showed it had rained just not long enough
@Blondie2222 (19108)
Glad it's finally raining where you are, I hope it stays for awhile for your sake.
hi@Blondie2222 I hope so too so our soil is damp ened and our water tables will rise.
@kevinakash (1950)
• Sri Lanka
I am well aware the feelings you have when A rainy cloud appears after a long drought. However too much rain is not good. But i want to know that if whether you encountered hardships during the severe weather condition happened in the last period ???????
hi@kevinakash that period of flooding an mudslides did not reach so uthern California at all just central california and it really was bad from all the pictures I saw on the TV too. so I s ure do not wish that kind of rain here. our state is much larger than most people realize lol.
@Rollo1 (16708)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I hope that you get the rain you need, if not from this storm, then from others to follow.
hi @Rollo1 Im disappointed when I got up this early morning there were no puddles on the pavement but the patio soil looked damp howevr my friend tole me it was just a brief shower. But I guess e very little showere might help
Southern California needed that rain, I am glad that it is raining now.
It blew away just a fifteen minute shower we are all sort of disappointed.
@tallawah (7597)
• Kingston, Jamaica
We had a drought in Jamaica and lots of water lock offs and it was awful. I began to pray for rain. It rained...oh...it rained. I guess I over did.
@Rosekitty (19487)
• San Marcos, Texas
Just don't get any nasty flooding like we do hear in texas..glad you got rain finally!!
glad you got your rain after all! Hopefully it stays there and not here