could this be a new feature?

Good morning mylot pals. I am here for another wonderful day to spend with you all. I am going to court this morning and hope they drop the charges. Any who I am wondering something and the bank doe not open for another hour. I just checked my statement and I see an automatic payment of $50 went to my savings club. They did not send me anything to say this would be taking place. I did not request that money be taken out either. I was going there to do $100 but,not yet. Could this be a new feature to the bank..
@simone10 (21664)
• Louisville, Kentucky
If it is a new feature, the bank should have informed you prior to the change.
I did not realize it when she asked me a few days ago. But,it's surely a good thing for me now.
@simone10 (21664)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sharon6345 Well, that's good to know. I hope it is one that is beneficial to you.
@Missmwngi (9573)
• Nairobi, Kenya
You need to here from them,it might be a mistake since they did not notify you
It was my mistake that I did not know about.
You need to ask them about it.
Whether a new feature or not they should inform you. The bank. I hope they drop the charges for court.
@ricki_911 (19283)
• Toronto, Ontario
Normally they don't take money unless your confirm with them first. Could it be you confirmed this as payment?.
Yes, I found out that she asked me a few days ago and I did not understand her. So,it's a new option but like you said I had to agree to it.
@ricki_911 (19283)
• Toronto, Ontario
@sharon6345 Glad to hear you got it figured out. I know when money is tight and they do something without me expecting it I am fuming and in a panic.
That sounds like something that you signed up for. Otherwise, nothing should be taken out without your say so.
@rakski (11976)
I do not think a bank should automatically put something into your savings without prior notice from you. Maybe you should talk to the bank to clarify this
dont know how those things work, but either there was an autodraft set up or it might be a mistake, have to ask them
We got to the bottom of it last night. I made this arrangement while in the bank last month.
@sharon6345 ah, an autodrafty thing, I dont like those, because money isn't stable enough and I am always having to be sure it's where it needs to be when it needs to be
@lokisdad (4267)
I think it probably could be the particular bank that you are banking with. I haven't had the bank I use do that but it is possible. Its a good thing though the money will sit in your savings and acrumilate some interest.
@sugartoes (40035)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I'd ask them about it before I did anything so you don't get into trouble over it just to be on the SAFE side rather be safe than sorry right??
@mrtoffee (1527)
Eek that's not good that money is moving without your say so
• Midland, Michigan
This explains the other post a bit more. I wondered whether the transfer itself was what surprised you, and I'd think that wouldn't be available for them to transfer it automatically without you stipulating it, unless something is in the club saying they'd take whatever you had last year by a certain date. That would be the only way or reason I'd say they could do something like this in the first place.
I would contact the bank to get it all figured out.