I Need Something To Look Forward To

@mrtoffee (1527)
With all the stress of the building work we have been having at home I really need something nice to look forward to, something to cheer me up when things are tough and not going to plan, like last night. Normally I would go for a holiday, partly because in the past I have had the extra income from bubblews, but now that avenue has gone and I am still finding my feet here on mylot I am not sure if I could make that vision a reality. I think over time mylot will indeed supply me with a good second income but that will take time. Right I am off for a quick walk to see if I can come up with something to look forward to, something to make me smile in those tough times in life that happens.
A world of advice here: Do not count on any online earnings. They could disappear at any moment.
@katsmeow1213 (29016)
Perhaps you should just start saving from your regular income as well as Mylot income and plan a nice treat for yourself.
@mrtoffee (1527)
I save 10% of everything we earn @katsmeaow1213 it's been eaten up by the extension sadly so we are back to square one again.
@PhredWreck (6051)
I don't know if I'd ever classify myLot as a 'second income' because a person would have to be here almost full-time to reach the $2 per day barrier (yes, it can be done).
@mrtoffee (1527)
@PhredWreck that's what I was thinking, mylot is a fun way to spend some spare time but it's not really a second income. I think I was massively spoilt when bubblews was riding high, mind I had to work for it, I think I posted something like 2,300 articles over three years.
@destry (2428)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
I thought you had a break planned for after the building work!
@mrtoffee (1527)
we did but it was cancelled as we had the plumber and carpenters coming in, it seems like this extension will never end @destry
@destry (2428)
• Kirkwall, Scotland
@mrtoffee Oh dear. . . not too good!
@mrtoffee (1527)
@destry It was really annoying, but we just want everything finished now so have to be as flexible as possible.
The earnings from online writing are nice to take, but not sure at all. I have seen so many sites disappear.
@mrtoffee (1527)
same here @ladyduck it seems a lot of sites only have a short life which is sad
@gudheart (12763)
It can be hard when we have little funds. Maybe even a short trip somewhere close by with friends will do :D
@mrtoffee (1527)
a weekend break would probably do the family the world of good @gudheart