Forgot What I Wrote

I started writing on Bubblews shortly after losing my 13 year old son unexpectedly. I wrote a lot about that, about him, about my feelings. I also started writing poetry again, which I had done in my younger days. I was trying to search my posts to see what I wrote. See, my computer crashed and I want to make sure I save my stuff elsewhere in case the big B goes under without warning. It's a long process and I have thousands of posts on there. Anyway, I did a search of my name and poems. Wow. I don't even remember all he ones I wrote. iw as writing so much. i was grieving so much. I was in such a blanket of pain. I'm trying to save them, but I have my work cut out for me. Digital stuff is great until you lose it.
I saved my stuff as I wrote it, so I've got it whatever happens.
I hope it is saved somewhere safe!
@jillybean1222 I've actually got all my stuff in my email drafts.
@Rollo1 (16670)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Email them all to yourself, then they will never be lost, they will be on the email server.
that's actually what i am doing. yay email!
I always forget what I write when the post wrote goes over a thousand.
my writing was often after midnight, i.e. when iw as tired!
@gudheart (12775)
I remember you writing about that on there. I can't go back on the site as I forgot my log in details and they wont send me reminders. It must be like therapeutic process writing about your tragic loss.
@GreatMartin (4322)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I remember reading many of those posts and being moved by them--hope you can save them.
Every single post I wrote for Bubblews is saved on my computer, as I did for every photo I posted. As you say the digital world is not safe.
i've emailed a lot of stuff to myself, but not all of it
I hope that you can find it all and save it.
Yes. I save everything as I write it. Once each month I also save things to a flash drive. So my writing is in three places.
Yeah, digital stuff is great until you lose it, and I say the same thing about my memory. I go downstairs and think to myself, now why did I come down here.
@Marcyaz (35954)
I never was on that site but I didn't know you had lost a son, how tragic. Sometimes writing is the best thing to do to help when we are hurting so badly. I hope you find what you are looking for.
• Denmark
I'm deleting my bubblews posts. Fortunately, I haven't got so many.
@amnabas (9940)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes this is what is good about digital storage.
@dodo19 (29208)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don't remember all the things I wrote either. Not a bad idea to have a back up.
I always keep copies in a Word. I do my drafts then cut and paste. I might make minor changes on the actual site but I always have the basics on my Word documents.
@carexing25 (1825)
i can't remember how many posts i have written on Bubblews and i can't recall what they're about either.. i can remember some topics but i'll just leave it there for a while.. i like to stay here in myLot