Factoidz to Knoji

@tallawah (8594)
Kingston, Jamaica
Many years ago, there was a site called Factoidz. On mylot there are a number of articles about it. Praising it to the Sky! But Factoidz was not such a nice site. It began paying well, having excellent items. I mean, here was a site you'd get on to write, see articles and start reading, and an hour later you are still reading. That is how great the articles were. The owner getting into financial difficulty, decided to stop paying writers. He did it in a five step way. 1. Have his Shills attack an item with comments. 2. When you respond you are reported 3. Once reported you are dropped from Staff Writer to Writer 4. When you complain you are dropped from Writer to Member 5. Members have their work confiscated, are not paid and can not write. This happened to a number of the Staff Writers who complained to various agencies. While Shills screamed; You broke the Rules, (until they were slapped down and unpaid) The owner decided to shut the site, and open another called Knoji. At first Knoji had everything from Factoidz on it; then it began to delete them, then it changed to some kind of coupon thing. It looks like Dixit is following Quoc's lead. He will dump the Bubble and re-emerge with Swindle, sorry...Sweedle.
@salonga (28016)
We should be careful about those kind of sites. Dixit appeared like very respectable and honest at the start but his true color has appeared. We must not patronize his sites anymore.
@tallawah (8594)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Exactly. Mike Quoc acted like a real pal at first, then stabbed everyone in the back. I think too many people were too kind in their assessment of Dixit. I think he planned, from day one, to do what he did. And I expect, his new site will replace Bubble.
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
I have been. still a member of Factoidz for many years right from the beginning and they used to pay very well, on time every month. It was taken over by Knoji 2 years ago and they were paying for views until April 2014 ..I have received payments until then...They stopped paying after that, not sure why ? anyway my articles are still there and if they decide to pay again, I will be happy, or else no problem !
@tallawah (8594)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Factodz stopped paying most people from 2011/2012. Many people complained. That is why Factoidz closed. Quoc then opened Knoji. Knoji is NOT a writing site today. Anyone who goes to the front page of knoji.com will see what it is about.
@kiran8 (15360)
• Mangalore, India
@tallawah I cant speak for others but I have received payment from Knoji until April 2014 although it was a fraction of what they did earlier..
@dodoazo (19636)
I have never heard about F***. Nevertheless the pattern which F has employed is similar with BB. I kept on complaining my unpaid redemption. Instead I received an email that my account is subject for deletion. I did another follow up. Finally they deleted my account without paying a single penny. I lost my 300 dollars legitimately earned.
@tallawah (8594)
• Kingston, Jamaica
There are many articles...positive ones...about Factoidz on mylot. I am sure Dixit knows about Factoidz and followed the idea. Dixit is a crook, there is no question.
@DaddyEvil (24768)
• Aurora, Missouri
What an interesting story! You tell it like you were there as it happened... (Maybe with a bit less heat used than I would expect from an ex-member of Factoidz, but it is also possible that enough time has passed that you have let the memory fade away from importance a bit....) Could/Would you tell me how long ago Factoidz went under? (Yes, I could look it up, but I am working on three sites, at the moment. My pc is a NetBook and can't hold any more pages open or it may crash.) I like your "accidental" misspelling of Sweedle. I think I am going to start using that as a "mistake" when I am talking about "their" "new site". (That okay with you?) Thank you.
@tallawah (8594)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I was at Factoidz...that is the only site I did not read the Terms of Service. I am not sure about the years...I believe it began in 2008 and began it's rip at the end of 2010 or 2011.