Coffee Treat for the day

By Miki
@Micmac (6846)
Here is a photo I've taken of my coffee treat for the day - Stella D'oro Anisette Sponge Cookies, an Italian flavorful cookie. I dunk them in coffee to soften them while I savor a burst of flavorful anise and coffee combined in a tasty cookie. Yum! What's your preferred coffee or tea treat?
@wiLLmaH (8169)
• Singapore, Singapore
"Pandesal" is the common bread in Philippines that we put in our cup of coffee. Hehe! :)
@rakski (2585)
oh yes, but the village bakery is far from our house so I just bought that occasionally
@wiLLmaH (8169)
• Singapore, Singapore
@Micmac Haha! Now you know the Filipino's craze for breakfast. Haha!
@Micmac (6846)
It's nice to learn something new everyday @wiLLmaH
Anisette is an Italian liquor that was famous in the fifties, never heard of this cake in Italy.
@Micmac (6846)
@LadyDuck My mom always bought Stella D'oro Anisette Cookies as a snack when I was a child and I love dipping them in milk. The texture is toasty, lightly sweet and has anisette flavor. They are crunchy when eaten plain so I often dunk them in coffee or a beverage to soften them. I love Anisette Italian liquor and I often bake cupcakes with this liquor...
@Micmac It is strange, I believe that it's almost impossible to find Anisette in Italy now. It's a long time that I do not see this liquor in Italian shops.
@Micmac (6846)
@LadyDuck oh yes, that is strange since anisette flavor is an Italian traditional liquor.
Such fancy names - all after those who created those recipes I bet.
@Micmac (6846)
@allknowing The name Stella D'oro has the meaning of 'star of gold' in Italian. The company makes breadsticks, Swiss Fudge, biscotti and Margherite cookies. The sponge Anisette ones I like better because of the anisette flavor which is so tasty.
@Micmac For foreigners like me those names sound like Greek just as 'rumali roti' would mean to you
@Micmac (6846)
@allknowing Actually you can eat those words because I know about rumali roti same as you!
@rakski (2585)
wow, it seems yummy. I drink coffee with or without treat or bread. But i prefer cakes with my coffee.
@Micmac (6846)
@rakski Oh, it is, so scrumptious. Yes, coffee goes great with a cake or pie treat.
@rakski (2585)
@Micmac very true. now I am starving......
• Preston, England
disliking coffee I'd just eat the sponge cookies
@Micmac (6846)
@arthurchappell They taste good plain too, a bit crunchy like soft toast. Once you taste them, you'll be begging for more! The anisette flavor is quite addictive. They go good by dipping it in milk.
• Preston, England
@Micmac not a fan of dipping or dunking in drinks. Sauces yes but not drinks
@dpk262006 (54685)
The cookies look yummy. However, instead of dipping it in my coffee, I would like to munch it straight away. I do not feel like dipping anything in coffee. I like it plain.
@Micmac (6846)
Yes, they are delicious cookies @dpk262006 You can eat these cookies without dipping them coffee as they taste really good plain. Sometimes I dip them in milk or orange juice but I do have them plain as well. It's just a matter of taste. Once you've tasted the anisette flavor, you can't resist them.
@dpk262006 (54685)
@Micmac - You are highlighting so much about these cookies that I feel like taking it immediately (provided, it is available here at my place).
@kepweng (6341)
i prefer cappucino have you tried milk tea?
@Micmac (6846)
@kepweng I love cappuccino coffee. Yes, I drink chai milk tea.
@LeaPea2417 (15271)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I like both coffee and hot tea. It depends on the day as to what I am in the mood to drink.
@Micmac (6846)
@LeaPea2417 That's great you enjoy both coffee and tea. Do you like to have a coffee or tea treat also? I'm really fond of coffee and tea, though I drink more coffee than tea essentially.
Usually I drink tea alone nice and hot.
@Micmac (6846)
@just4him Tea is such a comforting drink. I love just about all kinds of tea. Lemon and honey tea is one of my favorites with or without a treat.
I eat those without any coffee and I drink coffee without adding anything on the side.
@Micmac (6846)
@sharon6345 Aren't they great? I like these cookies plain without coffee too. I have them plain or dunk them in coffee, milk, or juice to soften it. They can be used for making Italian rum cakes with a pudding spread.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Thats looks and sounds amazing! I never tried sponge cookies before, they must be good especially with some coffee
@Micmac (6846)
@BACONSTRIPSXXX Oh I hope you can try them someday. It is the perfect complement to have with a good cup of coffee.
@sofssu (14736)
I don't have anything with coffee .. I might have a brownie once in a while.
@Micmac (6846)
@sofssu These anisette cookies taste real great with milk or just plain. They are lightly sweet, a nice treat to have around. I like them ever since I was a kid with milk. But now I like them more with coffee. m-m-m I'll take a brownie anytime!