Trying To Be Quiet Doesn't Work For Me

Well, I don’t know if this happens in your household or not. It seems the quieter I try to be, the noisier I am. The more quieter I try to be, the more clumsy and loud I seem to become. Usually it’s me dropping something on the bathroom floor, like my face wash or something like that. Then my husband says, what happened? Or what was that? So it does no good for me to try to be quiet. Maybe if I don’t try, it would work out better.
I sometimes think that there is such a thing as trying too hard.
I think when we try too hard, you become more clumsy.
@marlina Yes think that is so true.
@slund2041 (3378)
I think I do try to hard, and if I would just be normal I would not be as loud and clumsy.
Maybe trying to be quiet makes you anxious and more prone to dropping things or fumbling. I'm the same if I try to hurry. Everything goes haywire.
@JudyEv Yes the quieter I try to be, the more less I'm quiet.
@slund2041 (3378)
I do tend to get nervous and anxious while trying to be quiet.
@dodo19 (32867)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I do try to be as quiet as I can, when there is someone sleeping or something. I'd like to think that I'm successful most of the time.
I wish that my family would try to be quiet. My husband and son are very noisy in the morning.
I am never very quiet, except at 5 or 6 am and after making coffee I sit and watch the news so I'm not dropping things or bumping into things.
I am usually pretty good, except for when I get the dropsies.
@Juliaacv I do that quite often.
@Susan2015 Don't you just hate that, and of course I only drop the things that will land with a loud clunk! Or you stub your toe and cannot help but to let out a little yelp, yeah that is me!
@Juliaacv There is tile on the bathroom floor so it can sound quite loud when I drop something.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
Trying to be quiet is overdone..be as loud as you want..you are woman..hahah
@wetnosedogs (1557)
lol. I know the feeling.
I try to be quiet to so my husband can still sleep when I get home at six in the mor ni ng. And he hears me every single time.
Trying sometimes takes a little more effort and more effort usually comes with a consequence because your trying to hard and something will happen. When i want quiet i just go to the park or i may just go in my bedroom and lay down and possibly read a magazine. Reading a magazine then gives me ideas for discussions. It usually works out for me when im quiet, i just say to myself i want a quiet night and i just go about it the best way i can.
@dpk262006 (56170)
I think it happens as a matter of chance and you cannot prevent such happenings. If your face wash tubes falls on the floor, it is quire normal and it does not make much noise. It is not like beating drums or hearing music at a loud voice so as to disturb the peacefulness, in my view.
Yes!!! it seems the quieter I try to be the nosier I am.
@Marilynda Me too. A lot more noisy.
and the more I try to hurry the more I drop things and take more time!
@Jessicalynnt Yes that sure does happen.
Sounds like things get in your way Susan and that is why you get loud when you are trying to be ever so quiet lolz
@TiarasOceanView Think I need to try not to be so quiet, then I might be quieter.
@slund2041 (3378)
It is hard to be quiet. I do not sleep well at night, so sometimes I get up and do things. I try hard to be quiet and not wake my husband up. It is hard to be quiet, and I think I am louder than I would be if I just be normal.
yes me too @slund2041
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
Yes I know the feeling of being slightly awkward when trying to be as quiet as possible.
@zebra2222 (5157)
That does happen to me. I'll try emptying the dishwasher quietly but I'll knock silverware together which makes a loud sound.
You know that just might work.
@fawkes62 (1294)
I haven't noticed that myself, but I've had a lot of years to practice being quiet. I get up before my kids and it's important to be quiet so I can have some time without them before they wake up. They are at the age now where it isn't as important, but there were several years where I wouldn't make a sound before it was time to get them up. Now I'm used to it.
@alberello75 (17481)
• Genova, Italy
I, unlike you, due to my psychological pathology, often "aggravates" out of proportion a problem, that maybe it is almost a trifle.