All Inclusives....Do Not Marry There!

@tallawah (8609)
Kingston, Jamaica
I have begged, pleaded, and only one person listened to me. The others had their conveyor belt weddings. Imagine, you are paying a bag of money to fly to Jamaica, book into this hotel, pay for your wedding. You are told; "Okay, be here at ten, start at ten ten, and leave the area by ten twenty for we have another wedding at ten thirty." You are told; "Your guests have to go to the Tex Mex restaurant as the first rate is booked, and the second rate is booked..." You are told; "You have to pay for these pictures. Only 50 come with your package and I took 200." You are told, "You are allowed twenty guests. It is $100 U.S. to be paid NOW for any extra." This is your wedding. It is supposed to be memorable. It is not to be standing in your dress, waiting for the 9:30 to finish so that you, the 10:00 to start. You have to move fast, the clock is ticking. It is 10:20, you've just said "I Do..." your guests are being chased to the Tex Mex restaurant. If you want to be married in Jamaica, find a guest house which does few weddings and isn't very popular. You will get the whole place for far less than you pay at an all inclusive. You can say you are inviting 20 people, if 30 show up, it is not a problem. If they have to cook more, they'll charge you for it, but not much. You can have your ceremony as you want it, without someone shouting; "Time!"
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
This sort of sounds like a person going to Las Vegas and being married in one of their wedding chapels. You are rushed in and out and stand outside for hours waiting for the car to drive you back to your hote. Sort of crap if you ask me on this one.
@tallawah (8609)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Precisely! I begged people not to marry there...Two ruined weddings.
@poehere (17700)
• French Polynesia
@tallawah Doesn't sound like a good time if you ask me.
@tallawah (8609)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@poehere It isn't. It is horrible. It is a terrible cheapening of an important event. With Vegas it is people running to get married because they have to. In Jamaica, people pay big money, book MOnths in advance...make a Big Deal over it...and then it is a complete flop. Imagine...we were in a Tex Mex restaurant...the food was so bad I threw up. (wasn't the only one) Oh, was awful. And they had the Bride & Groom taking so many pictures...then demanding Pay for them. And the Bride had to go up to her room, get the money... This was her wedding...right? Awful.
@DaddyEvil (24795)
• Aurora, Missouri
Oh my! I am sure that would suck, @tallawah ! My first wedding was actually a common law marriage, so no ceremony, no guests and no restaurant afterwards. Just a very expensive divorce seven years later! My second marriage was before a justice of the peace. It didn't cost a penny, nor did we have guests or a dinner afterwards. The divorce was more expensive since I had to pay for the two stamps used to mail the paperwork to be filed after the annulment two months later! Never getting married, never living together, never doing anything that is remotely like marriage, again! No matter how you do it, it is too expensive!
@tallawah (8609)
• Kingston, Jamaica
The point is, if you were going for the wedding ceremony...don't do it at an all inclusive. In fact, don't have any kind of formal function on a conveyor belt.