Post-Op

@Raelove (17589)
Saco, Maine
I had gall bladder surgery on Tuesday and am now home, but feeling very drained and woozy. Just to let everyone know that I will be back online when I have more energy. Wishing everyone a good day!
I know how you feel. I had mine removed too. Here is what I found. After I healed, I had to get used to my new body. The gall bladder had ruled it, but it was gone, so I had to learn how it would operate alone. What took some getting used to, is the feeling that I had to do number two right away. When I went to the bathroom, everything was normal in that regard, but the feeling of "right now" has not gone away. It is my new normal. But, other than that, it is nice being in control now.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
I haven't seen any long-lasting effects yet, as I'm still dealing with meds, etc. I am eating about 1/4 the amount I previously was, so there isn't much in me at any one time, which for me is a GOOD thing. That alone is huge. Before this, I'd had several major pain episodes over a year's time, and each one was worse. I notice how the rest of my body feels, too, less over-all achey, and less stressed and more at rest. So I am sure the gall bladder was wreaking havoc I wasn't even aware of, as I was told that it had broken apart inside me. It was, as the surgeon put it, "inflamed and very angry." So even water was setting it off toward the end. Thanks for your thoughts.
@Raelove The gall bladder was necessary when people gorged on a "kill" like wild animals do, but we don't eat like that anymore. Once your body is over the trauma, you will feel better than you have in years. Inflammation is not our friend.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
@ElizabethWallace I'm already starting to feel better. Lighter and less sluggish. Once I regain my energy and the post-op pain goes away, I should be OK.
Was it planned or emergency? Was is the big operation? Rest....
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
A little of both. The first night in the ER, the doctor said it had to come out, "but not tonight." So I know that meant it would be soon. I was back in there the next day and it was planned for Tues. They did the laparascopy, but because of my weight (about 50 extra lbs.), they almost had to do the big one. But it's over, I've lost 15 lbs., so I'm on the right track.
@Raelove The important part is that hopefully the pain is over too! Good luck, I know eating habits have to change after gb removal. I remember when my mother had hers out and after she told me she still had to watch what she ate..that's why Im keeping mine.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill I had no choice, as there was no fixing mine. I'm glad it's gone, even if it means a radically different diet. I have long eaten too much, so it was probably my body giving me a wakeup to, well, wake up!!!
Oh you did Rachel...you had the gallbladder out. I wish you a speedy recovery my friend. Hope this does not clash with your moving and all too.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
It is clashing somewhat, but I'll work around it and hope to have it all behind me by the weekend. Thanks!
@Raelove Yes, that will be great..hope you have some help moving too. welcome xo
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
@TiarasOceanView I do, thanks. My daughter has organized a team for this Sat., and all I'll be doing it directing and watching and unpacking light things.
@scheng1 (24742)
Hope you are feeling well now. Is there anyone to cook for you or do the housework while you are recuperating? It must be a pain to get up and cook when you are hungry, and yet still tired and woozy.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
Thank you. I've been eating very little actually, so what I had here that didn't require cooking was fine. As for housework, I'm moving today, so I didn't worry about it. Will take care of that once I am out of here and the place is empty. Much easier then.
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hope you feel better soon, take care
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
@mom210 Making a little progress each day. Still some surgical site pain, but that's fading slow, too. I just have to be really careful how I move, bend, etc. Thanks!
@garymarsh6 (14430)
Glad to hear you have recovered from your surgery. These days with keyhole surgery it is not as traumatic as previously. I shall tell you a little secret. Watching GB surgery has put me off sweetcorn for life!
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
I love sweet corn, so I'm glad I didn't watch it! LOL
@NeldaHoxie (1388)
Glad that you're on the mend. Hope your recovery is a smooth road.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
No complications yet. Just slow. Thanks!
@PatZAnthony (13033)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
There was a time when people stayed in the hospital for days-now, out ya' go! Hope you feel well soon.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
I was there for 5 days all told: the first long Fri. night in the ER, then was admitted the next day and left on Thurs. So it wasn't in and out for me at all. I am feeling a little better each day, though still very weak Pain is better, too, thank God.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
My colleague ALSO had gall bladder surgery on Tuesday. I hope both of you do well.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, and I hope your colleague is doing well now, too.
I wondered where you were gone. I know how painful gall bladder are. Try to rest and take care.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
Working on it. Thanks.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
It's good to know that you're home and recovering. Hope you can join us soon.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
I'm popping in and out and doing what I can before I poop out again. Thanks!
@Marcyaz (35606)
You probably won't be back to yourself for a few weeks, I know when i had my gall bladder surgery I was told not to lift anything heavy and just rest for a few weeks. Hope you are feeling better soon.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
I was told the same thing, which is what I'm doing. If I didn't have this move to the new apartment, I could rest easier. But I have lots of help, so it should go well. Thanks!
• Uzbekistan
Get well soon! That's more important than writing posts for myLot.
@Raelove (17589)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks, M.-L.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I wish you a quick recovery