Sharing a recipe..

@kiran8 (15354)
Mangalore, India
Today I decided to experiment with a recipe and to my surprise it came out so well that I decided to share it here ... This was a green pasta sauce that I added to Penne , which was already cooked. I soaked one cup of frozen peas in hot water and let it stand for 10 minutes when I got other stuff ready for the sauce which included a hand full of mint leaves, a few cloves of garlic, green chilies, lime juice, salt , pepper and olive oil. Drain the water from the peas and blend all the ingredients along with some of the warm water in which the Peas were soaked , until smooth. Pour over the Penne pasta and sprinkle some grated cheese.It tastes really Yummy ! Do share some of your own favorite pasta sauce recipes ..
I am Italian, I have so many pasta sauce recipes that I could make one different for every day of the year. One of my favorite ? pesto, it's made with basil, garlic, pine nuts (or almonds) and extra virgin olive oil. Using a pestle and mortar, you have reduce all the ingredients to a green sauce, they you add the olive oil turning as you are making a mayo, add a little salt and pour over hot pasta. We usually make linguine to be served with pesto.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
WOW that sounds really good Anna , thanks a lot for sharing it .. I guess one could add some steamed vegetables too , along with the sauce to the pasta..
@kiran8 I believe that in one Italian region they do. In my region, we do not.
@vickyrose (2016)
• Canberra, Australia
that sounds yummy too, Anna @ladyduck
I found somewhere that we should not post recipes on this site. Sorry that I can't remember where that was.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
I guess the admin would delete the discussion if that is the case ..
I think that itdepends on how you do it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What is "penne"? That's not a term that's familiar to me! I'm fairly "random" about my pasta selection.
I've never heard of making a pea sauce but I think almost any vegetable would make a good one
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Vegetables taste good with anything..I make a sauce with slightly charred green peppers in the same manner , but add basil instead of mint ...tastes very good with any pasta.
@wiLLmaH (8236)
• Singapore, Singapore
I screenshot your post. Hehe. Maybe next week I will try this. :) thanks for sharing.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Most welcome, hope you like the sauce..
@wiLLmaH (8236)
• Singapore, Singapore
@kiran8 i told my colleague about your recipe. She likes peas a lot. :)
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
@wiLLmaH Thats nice My family too loves Peas , so I keep trying out new recipes with Peas..
@kepweng (17784)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
looks delicious recipe do yo do these cuisine every Holiday and these upcoming christmas and newyear??
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
No I try out different cuisine ..
@Gabugs (1755)
Nice meeting you @kiran8 Always a pleasure meeting someone from my home town. I was raised in Bombay. I will most certainly try out this yummy recipe. Our family enjoys pasta- - -especially the kids.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Hi Gabby, good to meet you here My family too is very fond of Pasta and we have it almost every week..
I will have to try that. The only green sauce I make is pesto sauce.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
I guess one can keep on experimenting. Most greens like coriander leaves ( cilantro) , mint , basil etc taste good when they are blended raw with garlic and spices of our choice.
I love pastas . Though , i love it more if it is red sauce .
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
I like that too...Tomatoes and Garlic go very well together
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
That does sound delicious. I'm not very experimental with pasta sauces, but do stick to my tried and tested.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
I love experimenting with food and most of the time it comes out well..
@vickyrose (2016)
• Canberra, Australia
this must be the recipe that I'm looking for - for a pasta. Must try it and thank you for sharing.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
You can try various combinations, I used the same ingredients with charred green peppers and basil leaves and that too was very tasty..
@boiboing (12882)
• Northampton, England
That sounds very good.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
It does taste very good..