It Might Be A California Thing

Redlands, California
Expensive, no water, smug people, rude drivers, I can go on and on what is wrong with the people in this land. I will not though. I will instead show you what is right with this land. Some of the finest crafted punk rock you will ever hear comes from this land. Many say these guys are not punk anymore. The band themselves do not even classify themselves as punk rock anymore. They just say they are straight rock and roll.Never liked labels anyways,. That being said, what do you do with lyrics and an attitude of freewill like no other? That sounds pretty punk rock and maybe defiant to me,. Just does not happen anymore these days. Not often anyways. The band does not seem big outside California. Yet, many from the outside know about them. Many will say they are solid, but in this state, from people who love this style of music. These guys are not just solid. They are legends. Looking forward to a new release of evolution right before my eyes. The band evolved that is all. 2016 will be something to look forward now for me. These songs will be ingrained with the sand from the land that they came from. Yes, that is how good these guys are. Welcome to to the life of just trying to get it right on your own Just because you can trust yourself and people not so much.
I didn't see any good renditions of it on youtube except some honky tonk focker with a weird accent and a Calgary Flames jersey on his wawl. This is the firs...
@PhredWreck (6051)
I know the name of course, but I don't think I've ever consciously listened to anything they've put out over the years.
• Redlands, California
They are kind of a trip and most is from the lead singer. Lots of country blues influences mixed in with the clash and bands like that. Their early years were really a lot different. Lot of youth. The lead singer changed after an overdose in the style of music, but still seems to have the same mindset in ways from early on. What his intentions were all along so to speak. Now he is not so miserable and flat out said he is embracing writing more cheerful songs. Which draws it's own critics because you know how people are. He is still so hard from early on. I would not worry about him becoming Justin Beiber. lol Very interesting progression that to me never disappoints
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I've never heard of this group but then again, I'm not really into punk rock. I listen mainly to country.
• Redlands, California
You may like some of this bands stuff. Lot of Mike Ness's influences where country blues and he also put out a country blues solo album with that good old punk rock attitude.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@crossbones27 I do like country blues. I'll have to check it out.