Music in my heart ...

@sueznewz2 (9969)
Alicante, Spain
I love music... there's such a variety, something for everyone... I listen to music quite a lot... I must admit though... it's not this modern stuff.. in the charts at the moment... I just do not listen to the radio, as there is too much chatter.... so I do not really know what is in the charts at the moment... I listen to my compilations, mainly from the past... my favorite era is the late 70's and 80's ... the only type of music I really do not like is Jazz... but otherwise I have quite a mixed taste... I've put a link up to a song on you tube... but I had trouble trying to decide what song to use for the link... the song I used is one of my favorites and reminds me of when my friends and I were out and about... mainly at Disco's ... Its a light hearted choice, I hope you enjoy it... Does music have a spot in your life... still... what's your favorite era... ?
Cyndi Lauper's official music video for 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun'. Click to listen to Cyndi Lauper on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/CyndiLauperSpotify?IQid...
I like all kind of music, especially Classic music. For what concerns the songs I like the fifties and sixties.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I Like the fifties and sixties too... I often use song from that era when I'm out walking for exercise...
@sueznewz2 I believe that the sixties are my favorite, possibly because it was the time I was a teenager.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
@LadyDuck I expect so... and that's why I like the 80's ...
My favorite songs are all from the 60's and the 70's. Music is the classical genre.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I like some classical music... but I must admit, I do not have very much of that particular genre...
• Preston, England
@sueznewz2 I do like a lot of classical too
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
All of them are my favorites - whether it's Big Band music from the 40s or rock n' roll from the 60s, classic rock and punk from the 70s - on and on. I would have to agree that this particular era is not my favorite, but there are still gems out there if you look.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
Same here.... the variety is great ...
Once I met my husband in '98 I turned country - don't listen to anything else.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
Is that what your husband likes too.... ? what did you listen to, before you turned country... ??
@sueznewz2 He's the one who got me into it so of course he liked/likes it! Regular rock n roll!
I favour classic rock from the 1970's and 80's the best. My husband enjoys the same era of music as I do and we listen to a lot of it together.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
that's good that you both like the same music... and can enjoy it together...
@PhredWreck (6051)
I'm currently spinning a favorite album from The Charlie Daniels Band, I do most of my listening via vinyl
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
nice photo... I'm sorry I do not know charlie daniels, but will go and have a listen on you tube, I used to love my record collection... I was sorry to give it away the last time we moved...
@sueznewz2 Their two most popular songs are probably 'Long-Haired Country Boy' and 'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'. I listen to almost everything except I can't do opera.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
@PhredWreck ooohhh no neither do I like opera... that track the devil went down to Georgia... did another band do a cover version the dueling bangos... ?
I too have always liked those old numbers. Somehow just cannot get to even memorise today's songs.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
that's true for me too... but it's probably because I do not listen to them enough... lol's
@sueznewz2 That could be true too. Do you remember in those days there were small books with lyrics that were sold. My sister had a big collection of them.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
@allknowing no I'm sorry I don't remember those....
• Preston, England
I like lots of music eras and though too young then for it I really love the 60's.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
@arthurchappel me too... I have quite a big collection of 60's music... some of my favorites are... just one look, you were made for me, I'm into something good, please mr postman, poetry in motion,tears on my pillow... and many more .... I find it very difficult to choose favorites ..lol's
• Preston, England
@sueznewz2 my favourites lists change almost daily - I'd contradict the previous lists shuffling things round and remembering more treasures
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
@arthurchappell LOL's I know what you mean....
@PatZAnthony (12616)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That song by Cyndi Lauper is still so much fun many years later!
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
Yes it is .... I think it could probably be called an all time great....
I would say my 'favorite era' of music would be the 70's !
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I like the mid to late 70's ....
I like the music from the 80 and 90's. And country music too.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
My favorite era is 2015 as it has some rocky freaky songs. Hey are you the same susan in CGP or BUBBLEWS?
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love the 80's! This song also reminds me of when my sister and I would go out dancing every Friday night.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
that's similar for me... girls night ....
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@sueznewz2 Yes! We didn't drink either, just went for the dancing.
I love music -- I wish I could play an instrument. Right now I'm listening to The Brandenburg Concerto. I like many genres (including jazz, but I'm not so hot on rap or heavy metal). 50's 60's and 70's were my favs for pop music, as those were the years I was growing up.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
No i'm not very keen on rap either.... I wish I could play the piano...but I can't... but I sing a lot....
This is a great song. Our musical tastes are similar to yours. We try to like modern jazz as that's what our son plays but a little bit goes a long way!
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
Well you have to support and encourage him don't you... but I know what you mean, small doses, is enough...
@rakski (15740)
i love all kind of music except for the heavy metal. it hurts mt ear.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
yes I know what you mean... but there are even some heavy metal songs I like...
I do like that song, thanks for posting it. I like lots of different music too - including jazz.
@sueznewz2 (9969)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you liked it ... it brings back some good memories of good times... as ssoooo many song can... lol's
@Missmwngi (9572)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I love music too,blues and R and B's are my favourite