What I saw on Bubblews this morning

Pleasant Hill, California
I gave in this morning and visited Bubblews after spending some time over here on MyLot. There were a few more comments on my most recent post from a few days ago. So the place isn't a total wasteland. But what I also saw was many posts, some several hours old, with zero likes, or one at most. There were a handful with six likes and a few comments, but most were garnering no attention whatsoever. I found myself feeling sad for those who are still posting there as if their posts would be read by others. The passion was still there--they were good posts--but it reminded me of being alone on an island. I did what I set out to do. I slapped some likes on the posts of people I recognized, and also on the post of a few I didn't recognize who wrote decent posts. I left a handful of comments. And then I moved on. There was no temptation to write a post. If you're a Bubblews refugee, are you going to support those still trying to make it to $50? Or have you moved on completely? I chose a picture of the ocean rather than a desert, because a nearly deserted island is what came to mind for me while I was over there.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
I did return recently to add a couple of comments to discussions by a member who is trying to make a couple of dollars to reach payout, but do not visit often these days. It seems absurd that Bubblews still expect members to reach $50.
@Asylum There is a featured bubble over there of someone complaining about Mylot. I found it to be quite ridiculous.
@yukimori (9047)
@Susan2015 Some of the comments on that article are so sad. I would love to know which threads they had issues with, and what they considered 'bullying' and 'mean' posts. That sort of behavior is absolutely contrary to what myLot stands for, and it will be dealt with by the administrators if it's happening. Would someone with an account over there be willing to invite any of the users voicing issues with the site to send a private message to Alex? I'd go create an account over there but I'm on a fairly limited connection at the moment. It really bums me out when people have unresolved issues like that here...
@yukimori I don't know exactly who the issues were with. But I haven't seen anyone on here being rude. I can go back on the bubbs site and suggest that.
The site is going downhill more each day. I went on this morning and not much action.
@dodoazo (19687)
I visited it awhile and I found there were some who are updating their account. I came across with some posts there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@dodoazo A handful are still posting, and I kind of want to support them.
@dodoazo (19687)
@TheHorse Yes, they are still doing it. Some are even excited. Anyway we are here help them, to give them the needed support for that matter.
Did you see the featured one titled: My experience at Mylot. This person was putting this site down. I couldn't believe it so I had to leave a few comments over there.
@Dalane (701)
I'm glad you did. Maybe I'll go over there and do the same.
@sugartoes (40759)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Susan2015 I know I did & left my thought on there as well too & yes it's NOT right for them to cut our site down when they don't know what their talking about they need to look at where THEY are before they cut our site down
• Pleasant Hill, California
I haven't seen it yet. Is it full of beans?
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
I have moved on completely. Most people are here now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I wonder why some people are still writing passionately there, as if they had an audience. That's what made me a touch sad.
@valmnz (12758)
• New Zealand
@TheHorse each to their own I guess
I don't give up on any of the sites I've joined that are still active, you never know, they could suddenly flourish.
Interesting @TheHorse so you must be very young.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@rebelann In my dreams! But Lion King is one of my favorite movies.
Oh yeah @TheHorse it was an awesome movie.
Yes. I still have about $18 left to do on there before I reach payout. I quit going there about a year ago to really do any work. I do go over occasionally just to see if it is still up and how things look. I am tossing back and forth whether I want to really try to work on it to get to pay out or not. I just don't know if I want to put forth that much work or not. It is so slow. I did a bunch of responding and posted a discussion the other day and got like 0.01 cents out of the endeavor. It's ridiculous. I could use the money but gheez what you have to go through to get it. And then if I do FINALLY get there how long do I have to wait to get payment in my PP account? Six months?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, that's a tough one. You've worked hard for those $32, so it would make sense to "go for it." You might get there in a year or two. But you can make that here in a couple of months or working a few hours at the local A&W.
@TheHorse ...Yeah, I just am such a planner that I like to know I have that coming and not have to wait for months to get it. It is just frustrating. I am on the fence over it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@celticeagle The fact that you may or may not get paid adds another x-factor.
@wiLLmaH (8252)
• Singapore, Singapore
For months being active there I only got an astonishing $0.36. It will be a waste of time if I chase the $50 for me to payout.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nah, unless you're pretty close to payout, it's not worth it to write there, unless it's just for the fun of it.
@wiLLmaH (8252)
• Singapore, Singapore
You are correct @TheHorse!
I go over to read any news and wish others would all come here.
@CRanney (444)
• Wingham, Ontario
I'm here lol. But I have no clue how this site works yet. Hopefully I can figure it out :)
• Pleasant Hill, California
@GardenGerty I'd like to see people come here too. One can still write on Bubblews now and then "for the fun of it," or "for the familiarity of it." But it's natural to go where the action is and where the money is.
I keep my account open as they owe me $50.00. But I don't have too much hope to ever get paid.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yes, I'll keep my account active as long as they owe me money.
@salonga (28016)
I go there only to delete my important posts. No, I don't interact anymore because I don't want to encourage the remaining people there to keep working in a site that cheated a lot.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Interesting point about encouraging others.
@boiboing (12636)
• Northampton, England
There is zero point in supporting them. I'm 110 days post redemption and I've not had a cent. People waiting for redemption won't get paid either.
• Pleasant Hill, California
There's really no way to predict what will happen there. They've left the site on auto-pilot. I don't expect any announcements, or anything like that.
@inertia4 (27674)
Well, I am still a member there. But I will be here more than there, that's for sure. I want to see what happens there. I think lots of members there want to see what happens.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yes, I want to see what happens. Will they be bought out? Will there be more seemingly random payments? Will there be legal action? Will anyone wind up doing time? It's kind of a real-world drama.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@inertia4 Time will tell. I thought they'd declare Sweebiebeebie, or whatever it's called, a new Company, so they could declare Bubblews bankrupt and not pay what they owe. But Bubblews stumbles and bumbles along.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@inertia4 I was trying to "think like a naughty person." What would I do if I owed a lot of people a lot of money and didn't want to pay it? Maybe I've been reading too much Doyle and Hillerman--who-done-it stuff about naughty people and how they think.
I didn't write there today but I did read and comment and delete some older posts.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I just left some likes and comments. Maybe I'll do one of my famous speaker refinishing posts over there or something one of these days. I didn't post today.
Hi, were is the delete button, I could not find it today. Thanks
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Margielynn I'm not even sure! I haven't tried to delete anything lately. I'll go have a look today.
@Micmac (8546)
I have moved on when I left them last year. It just left me with terrible memories so I haven't checked that site since then.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The psychologist in me would love to do a study on the effects of a site like that on people. I know that it slightly lowered my overall trust in people. Many people were really (emotionally) invested in that site (and its creators), and I'd be curious to know how it affected them emotionally as they gradually had to come to terms with the truth. I remember feeling a touch of anxiety and anger when missed payments would occur. And I was less invested than many.
@Micmac (8546)
@TheHorse Sounds like an interesting project. Yes, I felt the same way. I've been scammed by many writing sites other than the B site. Of all, I think the B site was the worst one I've ever encountered. I remember feeling upset, bitter, frustrated, sad and quite disappointed for wasting my time there. I also lost my enthusiasm to write for awhile. I've wasted nearly one year chasing after my unpaid redemptions through numerous emails which were never resolved.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Micmac I'd bet many others feel the same way. In this "internet era," many of us are invested in our "identities" on the web. At Epinions, my identity as a guitar and vintage speaker reviewer became a part of "who I was."
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
When I go there it's generally only to see if there are any announcements that might tell me what's going on there. I used to look in at some of the friends' posts, but rarely commented. Now I don't really bother because those people are at myLot too. Based on the amount my last few posts earned, I doubt my likes and comments would help them much in their quest to reach $50 anyway.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, I'm hoping some are at $48.78, or something like that. I'd go for it if that were the case.
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@TheHorse I see what you mean, but there's no way of knowing who's close to getting paid so I wouldn't know whom to help. I'm close to $41 but I've given up hope of reaching $50. I'd rather use my content at sites that I know will pay me. If I were that close, I'd probably have gone on trying though.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Gina145 To me, $41 is on the cusp. I'd be tempted to do it for its own sake, writing fluffy posts just to have something up there. But with traffic so light now it might be a futile gesture.
@KnehKnah (3475)
I use to visit Bubblews. But it is not for the $50. If I will aim for that, it might take 6 years more. Ha! Ha! Ha! Maybe I am just a sentimental bubbler. And hopeful too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I still write there now and then. I think it's just to stay connected with those who haven't made it over here yet.
@KnehKnah (3475)
@TheHorse I do & feel the same, my friend. Bubblews will always have a soft spot in my heart.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@KnehKnah I hope we learn "the whole story" some day. I had fun there.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I usually stop by daily to flag a few thieves and if I see someone i know I will leave a comment. I am not posting anymore but I hope those who are close to 50 will let me know and I will comment for them when I pop in..
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are there still thieves over there? Maybe I haven't been spending enough time there.
@TheHorse Trust me they are there. I find more than I did back in the wealthy years. Don't know why new people don't read the rules.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@PainsOnSlate It's all history now. Given that I was on the site for so long, I will be interested to see what happens to the crew that was behind that site.
@FourWalls (13784)
Maybe it's a fool's paradise, but I'm still trying to get that final $8 or so to reach the $50 plateau. I will say that, in my opinion, one of the benefits of the crickets chirping over there is that most of the plagiarizers and spammers have jumped ship. It's just too bad that they took most of the good writers with them.
• Pleasant Hill, California
If you continue to do your music-related posts over there, I'll continue to read them. Our musical tastes have considerable overlap, so I often have something to say. By the way, I was at a music party in Sacramento last night, and got to sing The Dutchman with a buddy of mine who loves it as much as I do.
@FourWalls (13784)
@TheHorse Arguably Steve Goodman's best-known song...and he didn't write it! That song gives me chills every time I hear it, especially the final line, "the Dutchman falls asleep and Margaret blows the candle out." Wowza. Kudos to Mike Smith for writing a masterpiece.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@FourWalls My friend's going to send me some Mike Smith links. He described his voice as "an acquired taste," but said he had written other excellent songs.
@msiduri (5750)
Hello, Horse. From Epinions. to Bubblews, to here. I've just joined and am checking the place out. Bubblews has lasted longer than I thought it would, but I think the Grim reaper is sharpening up his scythe. Hope you are yours are happy and doing well.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@msiduri Denise, good to see you here! I hope you find a rhythm at MyLot. I still miss "my identity" at Epinions, but I'm having fun here. This place seems to have more integrity than Bubblews. Yes, I hear the sound of the stone on scythe as well.
@msiduri (5750)
@TheHorse Thanks. I'm still finding my way around here. I still miss Epinions. It was not without its faults—and its dramas—but it worked.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
It is impossibel for one top make 50$ there. What if you reach 50$ and they close the site? Your entire efforts will be just doomed
• Pleasant Hill, California
Right. They don't really have a way to attract new members right now. They're just (maybe) trying to hang onto the ones they have.
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
@TheHorse can you imagine how much they earn from all of you? That time they had the revenue to pay 0.01$ and what would be their revenue to pay you 0.0001$?