My Online Travels And Writings....

Hey has anyone heard? A person from Bubbs decided to attack MyLot as a hostile place!! Well after reading that post, comments on it and some followups written here, Id like to share what I would call 'my writing travels online"' So back in the days of old for me I wrote with pen and paper. The drawbacks were no one saw it and it was a disaster (unless it was for my college classes). I started writing on line about a decade ago or so and again it was at places where my exposure was minimal and 'pay was unheard of. The realm of paid online writing: I wrote for Associated Content for a while until I was unable to for a time and then when I returned it was Yahoo Voices. The benefits of these experiences were as follows: 1. I was paid promptly and was able to write what I wanted with few limitations. 2. There were 'upfront' offers to write articles which were paid a flat fee. I could chose them and write them to be approved by editors. Which in some cases provided for a payout within two weeks of as much as $75 or even more depending on how many I chose to write. The draw backs: 1. The best money was in writing the 'upfront' assignments and there might not be one I felt I could do well for days at a time. 2. The process was very slow at times. When This opportunity ended I went to Bubblews and continued to write what I wanted. The problems I ran into there were: 1. Poor communication from management oftentimes relegated to 'robo responses'. 2. An ever changing format that had serious consistency issues. 3. In the end (when I left) it was the lack of integrity with respect to rules, plagiarism which was on steroids and issues of payments. I arrived at MyLot and found it to be difficult at first, but with the kind help of people like: @GoAskAlice @myLotBugs @topffer @gudheart And let's not forget all my fellow former bubbs friends. It has become a place where I can honestly say "Parking here is fun". Here are the differences between Bubbs, MyLot and all the rest of the paid sites I've been at: 1. Bubbs charged me to get payments where none of the others INCLUDING MyLot do that. 2. Bubbs has made more rule changes, allowed more plagiarism and every other problems than ALL of the others combined and multiplied by 100!! So Here I stand with MyLot in hopes and prayers that they stay their course of integrity and honor. If this changes then I will be very saddened on that day!
@owlwings (40039)
• Cambridge, England
The current owners have always been extremely honest and up-front, if not always very visible. To be fair, the site has had its share of plagiarists, trolls and spammers but they have usually been dealt with very firmly and quickly. Today we have a pretty good and mostly visible administration. Payment has always been on time, every time from the very start and no 'deductions' for PayPal charges have ever been applied. I'm very confident that this will continue.
@owlwings These are the things that keep a site going with integrity. It is the one thing that Bubbs lost quickly, tried to cover up and then simply let go of.
@Berniezeitler I have found it likable here and enjoy spending time here always considering how to adjust my schedule to spend more time here. I always look forward to all of the conversations here.
@RasmaSandra Yes me too. Lots of fun on here.
@gudheart (12740)
Thanks for the mention :D I am really hoping this site does not go down the B's way and instead continues to be fair and fun :D
I am more confident that this site will hold up. They seem to have 'Rebooted' with a goal of holding on to the one thing that keeps them alive... Integrity!!
@gudheart (12740)
@Berniezeitler I really do hope so :D I think the owners are a lot more friendly and community focused too :D
I really liked Yahoo Voices too. I love it on here and have chatted with so many wonderful people.
@topffer (36680)
• Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
I suppose that for Bubblews any honest writing site is a hostile place. For the fees, my opinion is that they should never exist in a site when we are providing a service/collaboration. I remember to have been taxed in a Q&A site that I joined in 2010. The owner was changing the rules every week, and I had a hard time to reach the payout before leaving. This guy put online not only the user name of paid members but also their PayPal address, and thanks to him, I received a lot of phishing emails in the months following my payment. Then he sold the site ; the new owner did not paid any member, and shut it a few months later by lack of participation. When a site does not pay, members are leaving it, and it is what is happening to B now. Thank you to have put my user name in good company.
@topffer I could not leave you out! Although I did miss some of the ones I wanted to give credit!
@topffer I can't believe that he put all that info out there. Shame on him.
@topffer (36680)
• Bandar Lampung, Indonesia
@Susan2015 It was only my PayPal address, but it was also my main email at this time and was giving my real name.
I didn't know until today that anyone had attacked Mylot. They have no justification for this. Mylot is a breath of fresh air.
@Tampa_girl7 Yes it is. A very wonderful place.
I have seen things get fixed here very fast, pay went through fast, it was the same amount I expected it to be, management is clear on the answering of questions, and I have even seen staff apologize for missing something, or laugh at themselves, I like it here!
@Missmwngi (10792)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I also hope to see Mylot go on for ages
@dodoazo (22051)
Good comparison between BB and myLot. You are a seasoned writer then. You have a lot of writing experiences. I have my own reason why I am here and you have your own too. Let's just do our assignment here day in and day out. More power.
@zandi458 (27952)
Mylot is still the best. Though they have some problems like any other writing sites but they managed to clear that out and resurrect to provide the best platform for people to meet and interact.
@thesids (22351)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I have no clue about B but I can say for MyLot as I have spend last 5 years very very happily here and at peace. MyLot has always been pro-users and a legit paying site. I have loved being here, sharing and discussing about things that I can share or discuss with no one around. It has also given me so many good friends and so many pearls of knowledge.
@else34 (13601)
• New Delhi, India
I agree with each and every word @owlwing has said here.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
Thats explains everything right there.