Honesty or Oral Diarrhoea

@tallawah (7768)
Kingston, Jamaica
When you meet someone, when you start dating, and feel that 'this is it', don't spoil it with a Me 101 rehash of your past disastrous relationship(s). Unless you are having to pay maintenance or have custody situations, which are part of Now, leave the past in the past. You don't need to dump every thing you ever did or felt. For it is going to make that new person feel like a surrogate. How can s/he not think..."Hmm...if that relationship had not broken up s/he wouldn't be with me?" Even ten year olds have pasts.
• Preston, England
telling some of your past is honest - an endless rolling confession would make you sound like a loser - say what needs to be said but hold back on every detail
@tallawah (7768)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I think a lot of the past belongs there. Very little needs to carry forward.
• Preston, England
@tallawah we do drag a lot of excess baggage from the past, often leaving behind the important stuff
@tallawah (7768)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@arthurchappell precisely. We feel we have to confess; so leave out so much stuff that would be useful
@Auntylou (4351)
• Oxford, England
I agree that it is not good to talk about past loves unless there is good reason to do so
@tallawah (7768)
• Kingston, Jamaica
Iit is the biggest mistake i think