How you think is more important than What you think

I was fascinated at Sunday's final performance of Arthur Miller's THE CRUCUBLE playing in the Outcalt Theatre of Cleveland playhouse 2015-2016 season and what I witnessed inspired the title to this next written life experience ! I do encourage reading the play done by that man as it is particularly resonant with what is happening right now in many countries where cultural profiling let alone cultural differences are fueled by ignorance and generally assumed violence and hostility which present themselves as coping mechanism physically displayed are the best ways to handle things. This is a huge global problem beginning with that particular century where witchcraft and ignorance danced all night long . . . that seemed to be their only crime these 5 girls were persecuted for. Their names were Abigail Williams, Betty Parris, Susanna Woolcott, Mary Warren and Tituba (an older septuagenarian from Barbados) and their plight was/ is timeless. If anyone is familiar with the history of Salem, Massachusetts during the 1700's than one might know of an event called the 'witch trials', this was a time where how you think is more important than what you think especially if your word was the last on the matter: were they or weren't they ? It is NOT proven that there was actually some sort of black magick witchcraft affecting the lives of over 40 girls at the time but the author Arthur Miller, was a visionary. He is a centenary today (that means 100 years of age) and wrote about struggle of both the emotional/ societal and psychological/ spiritual dilemmas we all face. I myself accept the probability that these wonderful wise women do exist and we can someday embrace their knowledge instead of fear it so because an authoritarian government official says so . . . In the premise of speculation and the need for empiricism, both tools for processing information coherently and intellectually were written into the dialogue. I listened without bending towards any socio-economic-even religious ideology used to sway one way or the other on a pendulum of thought where how one, meaning I, would start to process this information and think HOW is far more important than what, as what can be dangerous to the well-being of others health, especially their mental health and the consequences for being so misunderstood.
@sofssu (14449)
Today religious fanaticism is destroying the world.. people believe that they would go to heaven for killing innocents and have eighty virgins to frolic around with. that is just one example.. We need balanced thinking.. that is for sure.
We need to chip away at the reluctance of human beings who do not wish to expand their educational spiritual foundations so that they can stand on a platform that does not slide out from under the weight of bs drowning it , that is what we could do but fear and conformity are part of the Divine Plan which made the human being so gullible without even realizing it, right @sofssu
I've heard of the book. I'm intrigued by your review of what you saw and read. I'll need to look up the book.
The play was incredible to watch and when I read it a very long time ago, it moved me in much the same way-- with exhilarating trepidation and when you find it, read it and enjoy it, tell me in a post @hust4him
• Preston, England
The play, and excellent movie version, have always been relevant to current political thinking as much as history. Miller wrote it as a reflection on the McCarthyist Communist scares of the 1950's.
@1hopefulman (30271)
Mankind has always been sick in their thinking and what else can I say?
Well no @1hopefulman humankind has NOT ALWAYS been thinking this way, there was a time before chemicals intervened in the growing process of food distribution that more people without influence of media and technology, actually took the time to develop their intellect rather than their attitude but thank you for commenting. Have a happy Tuesday
@1hopefulman (30271)
@enlightenedpsych2 I was thinking about the crusades, the inquisition, the Romans and their arenas, the Babylonians, the Medo-persians, the Egyptians, etc, etc., etc..
Oh yes all of which are fine examples of how a certain gland, the amygdala, when excited by lead, toxin from poisonous insects or creatures or the lack of personal hygiene that some individuals of each culture, have cognitive functioning deficit !@1hopefulman