Just Dropping in to Say Hello before I have surgery again Wednesday

@bagarad (12762)
Paso Robles, California
My first cataract surgery went well two weeks ago. Now I'll be getting my right eye done. I'm not afraid this time. Going to the dentist is worse. I just have to stay off the computer most of the time for the first two or three days because the light is so bright. I can read large print books, though, and got about five read last time around.
Oh so that's why , i rarely see you here . Good luck on that next one , my friend . Don't feel nervous , nowadays , surgeries are painless.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm not nervous. The first one was easy.
@bagarad That's good then .
@Jlyn10 (10913)
Will pray for you that the surgery will go well. Have a good rest after the surgery and do come back soon.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
Thank you. I hope to do just that.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I know a few people who have had cataract surgery and they all came through it very well. I am sure you will be very happy when it's all done.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
For sure I'll be happy when it's all done. The first one went well.
@peavey (16866)
I suspect I will have to have that done sooner or later, too. I'm glad that it isn't so bad, it's kind of scary!
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
It's easier than a dentist appointment. The worst is getting all the drops in every day for a month afterwards.
@peavey (16866)
@bagarad I use eye drops for allergies quite often. Is it like that?
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
@peavey My problem is that I miss more than I get the drops in the eye. I need more hands. I can't see what I'm doing and the drops often roll down my cheek or land on an eyelid or even my thumb I'm using to hold my eye open. I'm just a very bad aim. There are three kinds of drops for each eye. One is applied once a day for 28 days. One is applied three times a day for 28 days. One is applied three times a day for seven days.
@dodo19 (33674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I hope it all goes well, and we'll see you once you've recovered. Enjoy!
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
All done except for all the eye drops. Glad it's over.
@dodo19 (33674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@bagarad glad to hear it's done. Hope the eye drops don't give you too much trouble.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
@dodo19 I hope I'll develop a better aim with practice.
@amnabas (10312)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Ohh sorry to hear that but i am sure after this surgery you will get better vision.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
Better vision is the hope.
@amnabas (10312)
• Karachi, Pakistan
@bagarad ohh dont loose hope pray to god.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
@amnabas I do. Then I expect all will go well.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Glad that the first surgery went off well and you are recovering good. The cataract surgery here they give you a black goggles too to use almost all the time until the wounds have healed. And definitely, stay away from any LEDs, LCDs or even CRTs. They complicate by stressing your eyes and also their radiation is bad. In case there is no alternative, always use them in well lighted ambiance. Keeping you in my prayers for the next surgery. And wait, I recall, your hubby too was supposed to undergo something similar. If so, how is he doing now.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
I appreciate your prayers. My husband doesn't have any surgeries planned, but he woke up to a sore and numb jaw this morning and I want him to see a doctor today.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@bagarad Oh okay. Must be my failing memory and other things on my mind. Please do take care of your health too.
@KnehKnah (3491)
I'm happy for you, my friend! I haven't had even one eye cataract removal yet. I need to have both but my eye Doc is not in a hurry so I am still at peace. Take care!
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
I had to wait three years before they thought mine were bad enough to remove. It's good they don't try to rush you into it before you really need it.
Glad that you are not afraid the second time around. I will be needing this surgery later on and I must say that I am nervous. Good luck.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
I was also nervous. Would it help if I said the idea of the thing is worse than the thing itself? That's assuming they use the same methods, of course.
@sishy7 (27598)
I hope the second one will go as well as the first and you're on your way to a much better vision soon.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
It's all done, but not all healed up yet. I have to wear my eye patch on the right eye at night until Wednesday night, and I still have 28 days of eye drops after each surgery. It will be another three weeks before they test my eyes for new glasses.
@boiboing (12881)
• Northampton, England
My mum had one of hers done a few months back and loved the results.
@bagarad (12762)
• Paso Robles, California
I haven't noticed a real difference yet, but maybe it will be more noticeable after the second surgery. I have to start the eyedrop for the second eye today, and I am not doing well using the left hand trying to get them in the right eye. I have enough trouble getting them in the left eye with the right hand. For two weeks I'll have to put drops in both eyes.