Gold Coast memories

By Glen
@glenniah (1201)
Mandurah, Australia
I was only on the Gold Coast for 10 days but was able to fit so much in. I have to say the Gold Coast is a wonderful place, however not perfect, because it rained and was cloudy for several days, who knew that would happen? A few days before I was to leave I had a message from Qantas airlines, asking me if I wanted to bid for a first class flight back home. Of course I wanted to and I did, flew home in great style. Thanks Qantas.
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
It seems in recent years Queensland has had a lot of rain.
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
&valmnz There has been rain in some parts but still droughts in others Val
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand
@glenniah but they seem to have had a lot of floods in recent years?
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@valmnz Yes they certainly have.
You took me back to my experience there. A great one - so much to see. I remember among other things strolling down those streets where I found a Mall where Woolworths had a lion share and there in the corner was a tiny shop only selling chocolates. In a creel were heaps of unwrapped chocolates. I bought a kilo. This one had no brand name but I must say I never tasted chocolates like these although being a chocolate foodie I have eaten every single one that is found on this earth (lol) Must have felt great traveling first class. We travelled by Qantas too.
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@allknowing Glad you had a great experience on the GOLD Coast too. My husband and I used to stay at Broadbeach where we were opposite the beach and could walk into town.
@glenniah We had the aerial view as well. They had those small planes then.
I am sorry the weather was not good. What do you mean about to bid for a first class?
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@LadyDuck Sometimes if the airline is not full they email passengers and ask if you would like to bid an amount of money to have an upgrade to first class. That is what I did. It was a nice experience to travel first class.
@glenniah I understand, when we were frequent flyers many times we were upgraded free when they overbooked the tourist class.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
When you bid for it, do you get it at a lower price? Where are the photos, girl?
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@Rollo1 A bit lower not that much really. Photos are on the way, next post perhaps
We've never been asked if we wanted to bid on a first class flight! Did it cost you much more?
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
A pity the weather was not better, I have heard the Gold Coast is beautiful.
@glenniah (1201)
• Mandurah, Australia
@bluesa Hello. Yes it is a lovely spot
@valmnz (12744)
• New Zealand