The goodnight waltz.

@xFiacre (7500)
Ireland
I don't like waltzes or waltzing, although I do need to go to sleep. A waltz to me is like a big overly sweet sponge cake with far too much butter cream slathered over it and in between its layers, and after a few bites I really wish I hadn't and I feel that I might vomit. It really believes all the lies told about it, that it's the best ever, vastly more superior than all the other cakes put together. So smug, self-assured and cock sure.
And that is your waltz? I find them very soothing and relaxing. No butter slathering on or anything.
@pgntwo (20850)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
They can be a bit flamboyant, but the Danube waltz can be pretty stirring, it was even used as the music to accompany a computer game, Elite, years ago. You need a Polka to really get you going, though! . From there it is but a short step to the Danse Macabre...
@pgntwo ....I am not into the polka. Probably would rather 'step to the Danse Macabre'.
@pgntwo (20850)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@celticeagle La Libertango is a snappy one too!
@pgntwo (20850)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
You listening to ClassicFM late at night again?
@xFiacre (7500)
This is certainly one of the many ploys I use to unwind after an evening work related tension.
@pgntwo (20850)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@xFiacre With the howling wind and rain tonight, something a bit more stirring might be appropriate!