Are people addicted to the internet?

@EddieHands (32173)
Do you think these days are addicted to the internet? I say this because people are always on social media, or some other things online. And now with tablets and smart phones. it has just gotten crazy. I don't have a tablet or smart phone, just a laptop. But I mean when I go out I don't need to be online. I like to look around at everything, and enjoy the food and people I'm with. When I am out the net can wait. I simply just have my phone with text and talk on it. But I don't talk on my phone all day either. What do you think and why ? are people addicted to the internet ?
@VivaLaDani13 (16103)
• Perth, Australia
@EddieHands People can be addicted to anything really with various reasons.
@Daljinder (19767)
@VivaLaDani13 Give reasons to support your answer.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder People could be addicted to the internet because they could be a lazy person, don't have a social life, have no ambitions, have fun, likes to escape. People could be addicted to food because it cheers them up, they can't ever be bothered cooking, makes them feel full since their life feels empty. People could be addicted to...*starts to ran out of examples already* lol
@Daljinder (19767)
@VivaLaDani13 2.5 outta 5 marks!
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
I think this says it all! I snapped this at an IHop restaurant while we were waiting to be seated. This is how families are now days, there is no communication anymore. I see couples out to dinner all the time and they sit across from each other with their phones
@EddieHands (32173)
Yeah everyone on their device is quite funny! Yet a bit sad. Wow If I was on date with someone I would not think about my phone or computer. Maybe just a cam to take a pic of us. But other than that nothing else would really be needed that night.
• Minneapolis, Minnesota
@EddieHands Yeah I went on a date once and he was on his phone the entire time. I wanted to get up and leave but couldnt because he drove us there which was a bad mistake because I had to sit there until he was done with his dinner and his phone. Lame!
@KnehKnah (3529)
This is a typical example of the scene so common now! Wah!
I can be addicted to the internet to some degree - but I only get on at home with the desktop. I do have a smartphone, but I'm not one of those people who have to keep looking up stuff online wherever I go - when I'm offline, I'm on with life. It's too bad people have feel the need to mess with their gadgets to fill the empty times in the their day - it's as if people don't know how to spend alone time emptying their mind and contemplating life anymore.
@EddieHands (32173)
Yes that or reading a good book! But then they will argue that they have e books instead! Books are wonderful!
@EddieHands Real books with real pages we can turn are wonderful!!
@KnehKnah (3529)
@EddieHands How I wish I can also still read books, my friend. I envy you!
@irishmist (3843)
For sure people are addicted to the internet. I can be at times, but then again I pretty much live alone, But it is amazing to look around and see everyone always looking at their phones,
@EddieHands (32173)
Yeah when I stayed alone at my house, I used to chat online a lot on myspace and other social sites. So that does make sense now! Wow I used to waste a lot of time on facebook also. Not it's not really worth it!
@Trensue (5265)
Yes, I think many people have to be "plugged" in at all times. I admit, I spend a lot of time writing and there are times when I lose track of time. However, there are no phones or computers at the dinner table, or in the bedrooms. (That almost kills the grandchildren.lol.) I think when I was little we were addicted to outside!
@EddieHands (32173)
Yeah I was addicted to playing outside. But I also was addicted to cartoons.. and playing Sega games all day !
@KnehKnah (3529)
Many people I know are addicted to the net. Some, aside from spending the day online, even sleep with their cps, notebooks or laptop beside them. Whew!
@meowanji (197)
I think I'm addicted to the internet. I do many things using the internet but I do agree, sometimes we need a break and see the real world.
@delyaj30 (617)
• Quezon City, Philippines
i admit that i am addicted to internet. it's my past time to play on line coz i'm a stay at home mom