Happiness - it doent come Bottled

@Inlemay (16550)
South Africa
"The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances." ~ Aristotle Taking what life has to offer, and what we in our daily lives can embrace and use BACK in our own life to enhance and accentuate it, is the balance we seek. Basic little things in life can provide for much more happiness than we give them credit for. Happiness is a 'frame of mind', a frame one can fill with the most decorative images, memories and aspirations you choose. I am feeling a little better today although the meds have me drowsy and napping every hour or so - It is not easy for any one person to say they have found happiness, but by the definition of Contentment it may be perceived that most of us are Happy. I feel old but in a way content - not yet totally happy. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." ~ Denis Waitley
I remember that I read that each individual has a happiness "set-point" that determines our overall well-being and with a little effort we can increase our happiness.
That makes sense to me too.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
@JudyEv its something one needs to remember, but do we remember things like that when we are in an unhappy state? Probably not - so someone should reminds us - Thanks for reminding me Anna
One thing I read somewhere many years ago and which hit home for some reason is that happiness is a choice. Perhaps this is a bit simplified really but you can choose to let things upset you or you can choose to 'be happy'. Sometimes it works for me - when I remember to apply it.
@Inlemay (16550)
• South Africa
when we apply it - thats the secret
I always believe in the fact that it is not how much we have but making the best of what we have is the route to happiness
I'm happy most of the time. But will be even happier when the work week is over.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't think we can be "happy" every moment, or we wouldn't realize it was happiness. We can be content every moment, and experience happiness in spurts. Sometimes life makes it hard to even maintain contentment.
@Trensue (5256)
Balance is such an important tool. The other day I could feel myself slipping out of control and my sister saw it. She simply said "Stop, right now we are safe, together, and we can only control right now." It helped.
I shall be happy to simply get past today atm
@sueznewz2 (9997)
• Alicante, Spain
I like both those quotes.... i'm happy...and i'm glad you'recontent ..but hope you get to happiness too....