A sad poem

By sofs
@sofssu (14447)
The diagnosis Smiles freeze, Terror and anguish, Squabble to take their place, As tears rise, Demanding release, Words quiver, as they stutteringly fall, Breaking into meaningless noises. Questions rumble, Through the dimness of the mind, Unuttered, They die at the gateway. Absolute despair, A chill runs down, The spine. Hopelessness, Stares at the expanse. Of a bleak future, Life seems meaningless, As truth sinks in, “Cancer”, The death knell, Has sounded on life. I wrote this poem when a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer .. she passed on two years ago..
, that sums it up nicely. I lost 2 dear ones this year to cancer.
@sofssu (14447)
@Jessicalynnt I am sorry for your loss.. Its seems to invade every ones life.. doesn't it?
@sueznewz2 (10161)
• Alicante, Spain
@sofssu mmmm I know what you mean.... the treatment is just as horrendous as the disease it's fighting....and difficult to see a loved one bear....
@cahaya1983 (10038)
Very deep poem, and sad. I'm sorry about your loss, it's nice of you to make this poem as a tribute. I'm sure you had good memories together.
@sofssu (14447)
@cahaya1983 It wasn't written as a tribute really.. it was written in frustration and pain.. yes all that is left is the wonderful memories of being together.. I miss her so much even after all, this time.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
@sofssu I'm sure you do. I can't imagine losing my friends...it must be very difficult.
@sofssu (14447)
@cahaya1983 It is and now one more has been hit by cancer.
Sad it is. Sorry for your loss. Hoping there will be a cure for this terrible disease soon. Just cause I want to.
@sofssu (14447)
@TexanTornado I know that[you been through this once too many times. I know how it hurts to lose family and friends to this killer. em]hugs[/em]
@sofssu Yes, way too many times. It really does stink.
@PainsOnSlate (20603)
I could feel your pain while reading that. I'm sorry your friend left you. That is a difficult event to deal with. (((Hugs)))
@sofssu (14447)
@PainsOnSlate The pain is more because another friends is going through this now. Thank you and
@sueznewz2 (10161)
• Alicante, Spain
very profound.... very deep, emotional poem, It captures perfectly the whirl your brain goes into... I'm sorry for the loss of your friend...
@sofssu (14447)
@sueznewz2 It seems to snuff life out even before the breath goes out.
This is a sad poem, but a tribute to your friend. Cancer is a terrible enemy, we cannot win it every time.
@sofssu (14447)
@LadyDuck It is indeed.. I hope some day we will make inroads against this enemy and defeat it utterly.
How sad that she is now gone. You were a good friend to have wrote her this poem,
@sofssu (14447)
@/jstory07 She is gone and one more is struggling with it right now.
Sorry about the loss of your friend but your poem was a nice tribute. Yes, it was sad but profound. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer so your poem was touching for me
@sofssu (14447)
@Marilynda1225 Its tough to lose friends an loved ones to this dreaded disease. I hope that your friend responds well to treatment. I have another friend recently diagnosed with cancer.. I hope and pray that they ( your friend and mine ) will respond well to treatment and be able to live a long and satisfied life.