Youtube Of The Day - Johnny Horton – Sink The Bismark

Preston, England
A great folk song commemorating the British navy pursuit of the German’s greatest and most feared weapon, the Bismark battleship. The song captures the tragic sinking of the Hood and the pursuit in all its excitement. Very much a true story brought to life in just a few minutes. Arthur Chappell
From Johnny Horton, Sink The Bismrack
@zebra2222 (4804)
Great, uplifting song of a historic event.
@RonElFran (898)
• Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I not only remember "Sink The Bismark," I still listen to it periodically. I have it on one of my "oldies but goodies" compilations that I listen to while on the computer.
@dorianna (514)
Wow, like a shot in the past, haven't heard that song in a very long time. Remember hearing it often in my youth.
I liked that song, also the battle of new orleans
I haven't heard this, but as a child I do remember my parents playing Johnny Horton a fair amount. Even though I was a kid, I still think he's underrated as a vocalist and story teller-he is very good at communicating historical events via song.
I don't remember hearing that unless it was a long time ago.
• Preston, England
The song is certainly post war though popular on the folk circuit. I have heard a few versions but this is the original
This was a favourite song of ours when we were teenagers. I don't remember what else Johnny Horton sang but I certainly remember this.
@DeborahDiane (12619)
• Laguna Woods, California
Thanks for sharing this song with us. I had not heard it before!