Timeless, Ageless, Forever Young

Kolkata, India
People have often wondered what it would like to be if people became immortal. Is it possible to live on, or at least stall the ageing process? Many would love to be in a stasis condition, where they don't age. Wouldn't it have been nice if we attained maturity and remained so for hundred of years, like those elves in LoTR? Anti-ageing creams reduce the sagging of the skin so we look younger than we actually are. Modern treatment facilities and discovery of drugs have prolonged the average lifetime of human beings. The idea of actual immortality is still undergoing tremendous research worldwide. Some scientists claim to have achieved the key to it, but that is in most cases not possible for application. If there was something discovered in near future that would keep you forever young, would you like to try it, take it, apply onto yourself?
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I don't know if I would take it or not since I am 59. Now, if it reversed the signs of aging and made my body young again, I might consider it.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@ria1606roy I can see how someone younger would want to slow or stop the process but for me, I am happy with who I am and every wrinkle and gray hair shows what I have survived in life.
• Kolkata, India
@simone10 the marks on our skin bears testimony to what we have been through. I'm glad you are proud of your age and your experience, it's the mark of a strong woman.
@simone10 (21657)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@ria1606roy Thank you! I like to think of myself as a strong woman. I have experienced a lot in my 59 years.
@Avijit100 (953)
• Calcutta, India
This reminds me of a great saying that I saw in a movie that say, ''Life should not be long but should be big enough'' and that says it all. If we live on then there would come a time when we would get bored of being alive and might opt for euthanasia.
• Calcutta, India
@ria1606roy Surprised to see that you managed to recall the actual source of this dialogue. But nevertheless, the life messages carried in most of the dialogues in 'Anand' and 'Bawarchi' were phenomenal.
• Kolkata, India
@Avijit100 very true you said
I really like that quote.
@wetnosedogs (1557)
No,thanks. I will just go with the flow of life.
• Kolkata, India
it's a wise choice
Prolonging the ageing effects will be good for ladies, since I will have a beautiful - young wife still at age 60
@Auntylou (4318)
• Oxford, England
Do you not think that your wife might also prefer you to look good?
• Kolkata, India
@Auntylou yeah it should be both ways, because that young wife deserves a young husband. I agree with you.
@Auntylou If she think I don't deserve to be one, she got full freedom to chose what is right for her and move on. I will search for another beautiful hearted wife. On serious note I feel one shouldn't go against nature.
@vandana7 (64741)
Maturity is disgusting. lol. I would rather have remained like babies. lol
• Kolkata, India
why do you think maturity is disgusting?
@vandana7 (64741)
@ria1606roy ..kids seem to have more fun than us. They don't have any problem in screaming and shouting and getting most of things done by others. They also do not have to worry about monies. lol
• Kolkata, India
@vandana7 haha....I doubt immortality extends to mental ageing too. We may remain biologically like children but our mind will be more mature with chronological age.
I would love to remain young in body and in mind , if my husband would also be like that too.
• Lucknow, India
There's always a catch, huh!!
@Rationalwriter Of course ! My husband will always be my companion .
• Lucknow, India
@SIMPLYD Did you consider asking him first?? LOL
• Preston, England
if it was guaranteed to be safe and effective I probably would
• Kolkata, India
yes, these kinds of treatments have to be 100% safe and deft in efficiency, otherwise the ones releasing them in market would face a huge scandal. Better to be safe than sorry.
• Preston, England
@ria1606roy I'd leave it a few years to see the results and effects before trying it myself
• Kolkata, India
@arthurchappell that is a wise decision
• Lucknow, India
I think the scientists will keep there hands off the immortal potion, seeing the population burst here in the world!!! Though I know once it comes out everyone will try it out!!!
• Kolkata, India
yes it will be the new biggie in the market. But I hope it doesn't receive such wide publicity....the population will be out of control.
I do not care to live longer, but to live until I am healthy. I would not like to be here looking young but being unhealthy .
• Kolkata, India
yes, as long as we are healthy we are good. Once we get unhealthy while growing old, it's pain for the remaining of the life and mentally we feel burdened as well. I appreciate your view on this matter.
@iamshane487 (1163)
• Manila, Philippines
This post reminds me of the song Forever Young by Alphaville. Maybe many years from now because of the rapid growth of high-tech technology and inventions, there will be immortals. I believe it's possible.
• Kolkata, India
Not totally possible but yeah, we would live long enough to compare to immortals. Though I doubt we will keep the process of ageing at bay forever. History has shown we can run as fast but cannot outrun nature.